We're reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Since its release nine years ago, Minecraft remains one of the most popular and beloved games globally. And with over 126 million active users from across the globe, there seems to be no stopping to Minecraft’s phenomenon.
There are several ways you can play Minecraft with friends, but the most versatile by far is on a Minecraft server that is hosted online. Therefore, chances are, you’re one of those players looking to take their Minecraft experience to the next level by hosting it on a cheap, fast, and reliable server with your favorite mods.
Thankfully, you’re in the right place! Whether you’re new to Minecraft server hosting or want to switch to a better one, we’ve compiled the best Minecraft server hosting providers for you to choose from.
But before we get started, let’s look at how resource-demanding Minecraft actually can be.
Minimum Minecraft Server Hosting Requirements
As you might be already aware, hosting games is often challenging since they are typically more resource-hungry than typical web applications. Thankfully, Minecraft isn’t exactly a huge resource hog so you can easily host the game on web servers that meet some pretty basic specifications.
That being said, we’re talking here about the basic setups of Minecraft – pure Vanilla as it’s called. For such installations and an average player group of up 10 users, you can get by with the bare minimum in the VPS hosting space.
Let’s look at the exact requirements for plain Vanilla Minecraft hosting in numbers:
- 1GB RAM
- 1 CPU Core
- 2GB RAM
- 2 CPU Core
Storage space requirements are pretty negligible in context to what’s usually offered by hosting providers, so we’ve skipped it altogether. Just make that storage is SSD-based.
However, if you’re more serious about Minecraft then you’ll be likely looking at hosting setups that will allow you to enjoy the game in player groups of 50 and above. You might also like to consider other possibilities such as the use of custom mods, which will increase the requirements even further.
In such cases, we’d recommend a VPS hosting plan like the Minecraft Villager Plan offered by Hostinger, which includes 3GB of RAM but clocking in at $12.95/mo. As you can see, the more players you want to host, the higher your potential monthly cost gets.
The demand for Minecraft hosting has increased over the years as the game’s popularity continues to flourish. But instead of featuring all of them in this post, we’ve handpicked the top-performing ones to make your decision much easier.
Here are our top choices for the best Minecraft server hosting this year:
Shockbyte has earned its reputation as one of the most trustworthy cheap Minecraft server hosting providers. Since 2013, the company has been offering various plans with an array of RAM sizes per server to fit anyone’s budget.
- Activates your server instantaneously upon subscription.
- Guarantees 100% uptime as covered by its SLA, which means uninterrupted gaming.
- Creates a subdomain for your server to attract more people to join your game.
- Has 24/7 support on standby to help with your problems and issues.
- Guarantees DDoS protection according to its SLA.
Shockbyte offers a whopping 12 plans and a custom plan to customers ranging from 1 (20+ slots) to 16GB RAM (180+ slots). The company has some of the lowest price rates in the market, with just $2.50/month for its cheapest plan and $40/month for the premium ‘Titan’. All plans come with a money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with server performance.
Get started today with a 25% discount for our readers with the code ‘PFT25‘.
2. Apex Hosting
With a 4.7 rating on Trustpilot across hundreds of reviewers, Apex Hosting is one of the most well-reputed Minecraft server hosting platforms around. You can’t go wrong setting up your server with the company, as proven by the 200,000 high-performing servers they’ve hosted through the years.
- Access to their experienced service admins via industry-leading 24/7 live chat support.
- Enables to change server version files in a few clicks or ask for help from their friendly team.
- Provides low latency on Java or Bedrock across their servers around the world.
- Allows creating a site for your server just like Technic Launcher using its free subdomain.
- Supports all types of Minecraft maps, mini-games, mods, and plugins.
The company offers seven tier plans ranging from 1-7 GB RAM. Each plan offers a lower price for the first month and increases to its regular price thereafter. You can also pay quarterly for each plan to receive a 10% discount. At the top of that, there is an option to get the Proxy to hide your IP address for added protection.
Get 25% OFF your first month via our link below and start building your Minecraft community.
Hostinger is one of the leading web hosting providers, so it comes as no surprise that it also offers arguably one of the best Minecraft server hostings around.
With top-of-the-line features at affordable prices, Hostinger offers the perfect packages for people who want to get the best of Minecraft hosting plan without an advanced server and network setup knowledge.
- Uses a Multicraft panel to help you set up your server and manage it with just a few clicks.
- Comes with the best-preinstalled mods so you can enjoy the full experience straight away.
- Protects servers from DDoS through its advanced automated hardware protection.
- Possesses enterprise-level backup data so you can restore lost or damaged data easily.
- Has servers across the globe to provide low latency to players wherever they may be.
All plans offer all features above, along with at least 2GB RAM and 2 vCPU Hardware. Prices range from $8.95 to $29.95 a month, with the highest plan (Enderman) offering 8GB RAM and 8 vCPU. Finally, each plan comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Get started with Hostinger and take advantage of limited-time offers with all plans up to 77% OFF.
Offering different game servers such as Hytale and Ark, ScalaCube is aware of users’ demands across its servers. That’s why ScalaCube’s Minecraft server hosting gives you flexibility on how you want to launch your game and better tools to monitor the people logged into your server.
- Create your own Minecraft launcher using a custom control panel for full control.
- Install over a thousand unique modpacks with just a single click.
- Monitor the players on your server using the configured website and forum.
- Enjoy an unlimited number of servers with unlimited slots from its powerful VPS servers.
- Offers a 50% discount on the succeeding server you purchase after your first.
Scalacube offers its lowest plan with 768 MB RAM, 3.4 GHz CPU, and slots for 10 players at $2.5/month. The most expensive has 32 GB RAM, 8×3.4 GHz CPU, and 600 player slots at $96/month. Each plan allows you to create an unlimited number of game servers.
5. GG Servers
GG Servers has provided people with reliable and fast game servers at affordable prices since 2013. On top of that, the company is focused on giving its customers true 24/7 support with an actual human for all their server needs.
- Enjoy high-performance processors ranging between 4-5 GHz for faster speed.
- Worry not about the total size of all your files in the server thanks to unmetered SSD drive.
- Manage your server using a highly customized and intuitive version of the Multicraft control panel.
- Get premium modpack support for all server types with 1-Click installs.
- Experience low latency due to Minecraft servers found in nine global locations.
GG Servers offer Standard and Premium packages for all its plans. Standard uses DDR4 2133 MHz 3.2-4 GHz, and SOFT RAID 1 (400 MB/s r/w). MySQL Database and unlimited slots are available as add-ons at +$2/month each.
Premium not only has MySQL and unlimited slots included in the plan but it offers better specs – DDR4 2400 MHz, 4.4-5 GHz, and NVMe (2500+ M/Bs r/w).
Grab 50% discount for our readers with the code HOLIDAY50
HostHavoc comes highly recommended in the Minecraft community, with over 730 reviewers rating the company at an average of 4.7 stars out of 5.0 on Trustpilot. With top-notch servers across mainly the US and Europe as well as one center in Australia, the company aims to provide premium service without any compromises.
- Uses SSDs to run its game servers for faster performance and quicker loading.
- Monitors each node on the clock so there are enough resources to go around each server.
- Works with all available modpacks (Vanilla, ATLauncher, FTB, Technic etc.)
- Provides full FTP access as well as a web-based file manager for those who prefer to self-manage
- Guarantees a real person support 24/7 with 15min average response time
HostHavoc plans do not provide any budget options budget as the company believes in speed and reliability and caters to those who are willing to pay a bit extra for high-quality Minecraft hosting. The cheapest plan has 1-4 recommended players with 1GB RAM while the most expensive option with 16GB RAM allows expanding your multiplayer game up to 250+ players. Each plan comes with unlimited storage and all earlier mentioned features such as backups, mods, and more.
BisectHosting comes highly recommended in the Minecraft community, with over 730 reviewers rating the company at an average of 4.7 stars out of 5.0. With top-notch servers in different parts of the globe, the company aims to provide premium service at an affordable budget.
- Uses SSDs to run its game servers for faster performance and quicker loading.
- Monitors each node on the clock so there are enough resources to go around each server.
- Will install your modpack of choice so you can focus on just playing the game.
- Gives full FTP access for better control of files and plugins in your server.
- Offers lots of “free” – daily backups, subdomain, MySQL, and unlimited slots.
BisectHosting plans are divided into two: premium and budget. Budget packages can enjoy instant setup, Multicraft Control Panel, 24/7 support, and free subdomains, among others.
8. Server.pro (Free plan available)
Server.pro is a Swedish game hosting company offering free and paid plans. On top of it being easy to use, the platform serves as a low-risk, high-reward game hosting that allows people to host Minecraft servers without breaking the bank.
- Enjoy lag-less gaming from its data centers in eight countries.
- Edit files seamlessly using its sleek file manager.
- Get peace of mind with daily backups to avoid the worst case scenarios.
- Create your custom hostname for your server.
- Choose between a light or dark theme for your control panel.
- Change your maps or worlds with just one click.
Among the best Minecraft server hosting providers here, Server.pro is the only one with a free plan. But aside from having 1 GB RAM, it also serves ads and doesn’t include daily backups, multi-admin capabilities, and instant setup, among others.
The Premium ($5-10/month) and Pro ($20-40/month) plans are ad-free and offer everything that the Free plan doesn’t. The only difference between the two is the Pro plan offers a dedicated IP and a MySQL server with root access.
Nodecraft is another game hosting company that offers top-notch hardware for its server located worldwide for fast gaming. But what separates the company from the rest is it uses NodePanel 2, a next-gen game hosting control panel built by Nodecraft so that you can manage your servers better.
- Enjoy constant backups, secure FTP login, and real-time console and stats using NodePanel 2
- Get access to billing, support, and the control panel in a single dashboard.
- Access your files instantly from the server to your browser and vice versa.
- Tweak the game settings UI to achieve a more personal experience hosting the servers.
- Only gives access to 12 customers per device to not overburden the servers, thus providing more resources to everyone.
The price for all plans ranges from $9.98/month to $39.98/month. They possess the same feature and even host unlimited Minecraft player slots. The difference lies in the hardware – the higher the plan, the better the specs are.
CubedHost focuses on giving users a powerful way to set up and manage a Minecraft server. Using Prisma, its custom control panel, they can also install modpacks, switch Minecraft versions, and add files with ease.
- Operates on MySQL servers to decrease lag and load the environments faster.
- Choose from over 100 server types to install automatically.
- Received a free web host to set up your site and build a vibrant community of gamers.
- Partnered with the author of Uncle Genny’s 100% Organic & Free-Range Modpack
- Keep your server secure with its DDoS protection and automatic backups.
Choose from its popular plans of 1.5 GB RAM ($7.86/month), 2.5 GB RAM ($13.11/month), or 4 GB RAM ($20.97/month). You can also choose to pay quarterly to save 5% or semi-annually for a 10% discount.
Now that you have the best Minecraft hosting companies to choose from above, you must know how to pick the right one that suits your needs. Below are factors you must consider so you can make an informed decision.
The servers must be near the location where players are from to avoid lag. There’s nothing you can do when you’re hosting players from all over the world. But if you are hosting players in a specific region or country, make sure that the company has servers closest to your area.
To provide players with seamless, uninterrupted gaming, the servers must have high latency and good uptime. To ensure this, choose a Minecraft hosting provider with more than sufficient processor and RAM. Also, high-performance servers can accommodate more players without the game lagging.
The last thing you want to worry about is setting up the server yourself – you need technical knowledge to get the server up and running smoothly. Thankfully, there are hosting companies that take care of this, so you can go straight into hosting the games.
Minecraft is best played with as many players as possible. While there’s only a certain number of players a server can handle in a multiplayer mode, go with a server hosting that can accommodate at least 10 players simultaneously.
Minecraft mods can change the interface and offer additional tools that players can use while exploring the game. Since they are always an important part of improving the experience of playing Minecraft, make sure that the gameserver hosting provider has the best Minecraft mods installed or at least freely allows you to add the ones you like.
#6. Contract length
Some Minecraft hosting companies require you to pay for multiple months upfront. While you can save more money with a reliable Minecraft hosting company this way, it may require you to pay a lot upfront. If so, look for others that offer a monthly subscription payment to lighten the financial burden and improve your cashflow.
The most common type of attack against Minecraft servers is DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service). This occurs when certain parties make multiple attempts to connect to your server, causing it to crash. With a reliable server, your hosting company will take care of the potential threats for you so that you can enjoy the game.
Still not sure which among the best Minecraft server hosting platforms to choose from? Or you’re probably new to the game itself?
Don’t worry – below are answers to the most common questions about the game and the process of setting up your server.
To make your choice a bit easier, we’ve compiled this quick comparison table, highlighting the key parameters of the top 5 hosts:
As you can see from the list above, each of the Minecraft server hosting providers is considered the best for various, oftentimes different reasons. Because of this, choosing the right one for your particular needs becomes very important.
In the meantime, the most balanced and consistent among all of the above Minecraft hosting options, in our opinion, is Hostinger. It’s a bit on the expensive side with a base plan starting at $8.95/month but their onboarding and interface are perfect for beginners who simply want to host games they can enjoy with their friends. This hosting provider also caters to more advanced users looking to build custom worlds and take advantage of numerous mods.
At the moment, Hostinger is running a promotion on all hosting plans with discounts reaching up to 90%, so it’s a great time to check out their Minecraft hosting offer!
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option, you can’t go wrong with Shockbyte, and their cheapest plans are starting at just $2.50 / month. High uptime stats and various plans that you can potentially upgrade to will guarantee you a stress-free hosting experience.
Did you have any of experiences with any of the Minecraft hosts? What did we miss? Let us know in the comment section below.
Did you find this useful?
Want More Guides?
We'll send you an update when we complete a guide, have a new recommendation, or uncover a new deal.
We’ll email you once a month, and never share your information. You'll be able to unsubscribe at any time.