We're reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The paradigm shift from face-to-face meetings to online ones has taken a sharp turn this year. Because of COVID-19, on-demand and automated webinars dramatically increased to 1,104% and 164%, respectively, from 2019 to April 2020, and are likely still growing.
Aside from helping teams and companies connect with each other regardless of location, webinars allow people to continue generating revenue for their businesses.
In this post, we’ll be learning about the different webinar software you can use to keep your ship afloat despite the difficult times. After reading the comparison below, you should be able to decide which among the featured tools is the most suitable for your business.
Let’s get started!
What Makes a Great Webinar Software?
Each person will have a different opinion on what the best webinar software is for them. At the very least, the tool should help you generate more attendees outside of your current audience to maximize your online event.
When it comes to the actual webinar, it should make participants feel part of the proceedings by giving them access to engagement tools. Finally, users should have the ability to review the performance of webinars using KPIs so they know how to make their next webinars better.
Here are our top choices for the best webinar software to try this year:
Best marketing and sales webinar software
As one of the premier webinar platforms in the market, WebinarJam is developed by Genesis Digital. It is a SaaS software company with the goal of providing digital solutions to innovators looking to deliver their products and services efficiently.
In line with the company’s goal, WebinarJam provides you with all the features to launch webinars where you can sell your products and services to your audience.
- Lets users broadcast live to a Youtube page.
- Allows people to set up a pop-up of the offer with a countdown time that appears during the webinar so attendees can take action on the spot.
- Lets you leave a room due to technical difficulties with a click of a button. The software will load you and everybody in a new room so you can resume the webinar.
- Grants hosts the ability to pull videos of webinar participants for a 1:1 session and give each one of them a better and more personalized experience.
All plans let you create unlimited webinars. The difference in each comes down to the number of presenters, attendees, and the maximum duration of the webinar in hours.
All plans are paid yearly. But there is an option to sign up for a 14-day trial at $1.
Higher plans ($699/year onwards) give users access to the Panic Button and Always-On live room.
…or check out our WebinarJam vs Zoom comparison
Easiest-to-use webinar software for all levels
Some platforms are bloated with features you won’t need for streaming your videos. The same can’t be said about Demio as it simplifies launching an amazing webinar by maintaining its core elements better than other tools.
As a result, users can stream live or pre-recorded videos to an audience as easily as possible. Even if you don’t have any webinar knowledge, this software allows you to seamlessly connect with your audience via the live videos you record.
- No need for anyone to download the software on their computers. Just open the webinar link on your browsers and load up the room in an instant.
- Analyze the performance of your webinar event from tracking registrations to understanding how people watched your video. Also monitor the results of the polls and CTAs launched during the webinar.
- Integrates to a wide variety of marketing tools and apps to help improve productivity via automations (Zapier) and include attendees into your mailing list (MailChimp, GetResponse, etc).
You can sign up to its monthly or annual (30% off) plans. As the plan increases in price, so does the maximum number of attendees and session limits in hours.
Users can only enjoy Automated Events, Room & Email Branding, and Custom Form Fields starting with the Growth Plan ($99/mo or $69/month paid annually).
Yet another easy-to-use, all-in-one webinar software
The last thing you want as a solopreneur or an agency is to worry about maximizing their audience reach via webinars. WebinarNinja eases those worries by providing users with a simple solution where they can promote and launch their live videos.
Within 10 minutes, you can set up a webinar complete with landing pages, email reminders, and more.
- Choose from its section of beautiful and high-converting landing and webinar pages. No need for you to learn design and coding to get more sign-ups!
- Run different webinars (live, automated, series, and hybrid) to help engage your audience with your business more effectively.
- Get your webinar found on the Webinar Finder so even people who aren’t your followers can join your live stream and become one.
- Receive access to educational materials from WebinarNinja Academy to help you run much better webinars and improve your results.
Users can pay monthly or annually (save 20%). All plans allow for unlimited attendees for recorded webinars. But the number of live webinar attendees depends on the plan.
Also, features like Webinar Series & Summits, Facebook Ad Tracking, and Hybrid Webinars are available starting with the Pro Plan ($95/month or $79/month annually).
Premium webinar platform to promote and run your virtual event
If your agency or company is looking for a webinar solution that offers robust features, then GoToWebinar is for you.
Aside from your usual webinar features, GoToWebinar lets you host your webinars on their servers and create a page you can share online. This way, you can increase your visibility and entice them to join your live webinars soon.
- Give users free access to GoToStage where they can turn their high-performing webinars into on-demand content that people can watch again and again.
- Using your on-demand webinars, create a channel where you can host all your past videos and get found online easier by people who want to be your follower but don’t know it yet.
- Simulate live experiences by using pre-recorded webinars to accommodate attendees from different time zones.
- Create templates using information from past events so you can use them again and save you the time of setting up a new webinar every time.
GoToWebinar lets you choose from monthly to annual (save from 17 to 23%) plans. Each plan allows for a certain maximum number of attendees.
Landing page creation and video embedding to your site are available in the Standard plan and higher. Users with Pro and Enterprise subscriptions have access to premium features such as Recorded Events, Video Editors, Transcripts, and Certificates, among others.
The best on-demand webinar complement to WebinarJam
From the same company behind WebinarJam, EverWebinar enjoys the same benefits that live webinar platform does. The major difference is this platform delivers on-demand webinars and videos users can sign up to.
Your audience may be in different parts of the world, each of which has different time zones. Therefore, instead of forcing all of them to stick with your live webinar set to your convenience, EverWebinar lets you create an on-demand video that people can view at their best available time.
- Import the same WebinarJam videos straight to EverWebinar and turn them into evergreen content that you use for upcoming campaigns.
- Run a live chat even if the webinar video isn’t! Let your support team answer the questions and reply to the comment of attendees as the video is rollling without skipping a beat.
- Set the webinar videos to start “just in time” the attendees signed up to give them the feeling of satisfaction, as if they joined at the right moment,
All plans share the same features. The only difference is the payment plans.
If you can’t afford the Annual plan, you can sign up for its Installment plan instead (3x$199/year). For those who love EverWebinar and want to save more from their subscription, the Biennial plan ($799 for 2 years) is the best option.
The best freemium webinar software available
Whether you want to sell products to your target audience or improve internal communications of your company using videos, Livestorm has the tools for you.
As a webinar platform with a free plan, Livestorm delivers the goods as you can set up quick meetings and webinars to help you get things done faster.
And with its intuitive UI, you can create webinars and meeting events with just a few clicks. Once everything is set up, send the link for people where they can sign up and they can access the platform from their browser.
- Set up different webinar types (live, on-demand, automated) that match your company needs.
- Create video content such as online courses, product tours, and training materials to help potential customers make an informed decision.
- Launch instant online meetings from your browser or schedule them on your calendar with your team members.
Unlike the other webinar tools above, Livestorm has a free basic tier that allows the creation of unlimited webinars with unlimited moderators. There’s a limit for the maximum minutes per webinar and attendees for each. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for a quick way to host your live videos, give Livestorm a try.
For its Premium plan, you get more hours, live attendees, and on-demand registrants per webinar starting at $99/mo ($89/mo billed annually).
Most ideal webinar software for beginners
For non-techies, technology can bring more problems than solutions. But with more customers and competitors riding the wave of webinars and other marketing tools, you can’t afford to get left behind.
Therefore, EasyWebinar makes the entire process of setting up, launching, and running webinars painless. This tool could make you look like a seasoned webinar host as you generate more sales and build better relationships from the live videos you produce.
- Set up automated webinars to simulate the experience of a live event. Use these evergreen videos to generate leads and customers on autopilot.
- Stream your webinar on Facebook Live and Youtube Live using EasyWebinar’s EasyChat. This helps extend your reach on other platforms and increase the engagement in your webinars.
- Reduce noise and stream HD videos without interruptions, with help from True Voice technology.
You can pay a monthly or annual (get 3 months free) subscription. All plans include the instant onboarding call, chat support, and YouTube Live integration. As the plan increases in price, so does the maximum number of live attendees.
They also give you the EliteWebinarMastery Foundation Course to teach you about improving the performance of your webinars. However, instead of the basic course, Enterprise plan holders get the full course.
Best all-purpose webinar software for business and education
With the increasing need nowadays for teachers to broadcast their training modules to students, they ought to look for webinar tools that fit their needs.
In this case, ClickMeeting is one of the few geared towards instructors and teachers. The software also works for marketers looking to create product demos to help educate their leads and facilitate online meetings and collaboration with businesses.
- Make signing up to your webinars easy by creating customized invites to your audience and setting up a registration page using custom branding.
- Increase engagements during your webinars by using whiteboard, running polls and surveys, encouraging attendees to ask questions for you to answer, and taking turns with participants by sharing your screen with them, to name a few.
- Purchase add-ons to your current plan if the limits are too constricting, but you can’t afford to upgrade to a higher plan for now.
- Gather opinions and reactions from attendees about your webinar and analyze its statistics to help you find ways on how to improve your upcoming webinars.
Sign up for a 30-day free trial and see if ClickMeeting is for you. After the trial period, decide whether to pay monthly or annually (up to 20% off) for your plan of choice.
Also, the number of attendees is set to 25 by default. If you increase the volume, the price also goes up.
Best email marketing tool with webinar functionalities
Just as important as webinars for your business, email marketing engages with your target audience and improves your sales if done right.
Therefore, if you haven’t found the best tool for both yet, then GetResponse is something you should highly consider.
Marketing to your business is made easier by using this software. You can weave in your email marketing efforts with your webinar marketing strategy to help you get the most out our list and collect more prospects.
- Set up an SEO-friendly landing page to enable webinar registration and start collecting leads. From the page, you can use Facebook’s retargeting pixel to send registrants with relevant offers even after the webinar is finished.
- Maximize audience engagement by sharing your presentation file in different formats, improve collaboration with the help of whiteboards, and gather feedback using surveys and polls to name a few.
- Use the webinar to gather the most qualified leads and give them a product tour before presenting them with your latest and best offer.
There is a free 30-day trial of GetResponse. After the period, you must sign up to the Plus plan or higher to access its webinar features. At the same time, you get its premium email marketing solutions such as automation builder, sales/webinar funnels, and contract scoring and tagging, to name a few.
Best webinar and online meeting solutions for enterprises
Big companies are looking for more robust ways to manage webinars and internal communication. Unfortunately, not all the tools featured here are equipped with the demands of agencies and corporations.
Adobe Connect is one of the few that can tackle webinar and online video solutions to foster a secure and interactive online experience. This will not only help people in the company to facilitate engagement online, but also create an interactive learning space for businesses and customers.
- Create virtual classrooms that foster better learning and communication through the use of interactive storyboards in combination with different methods: Filled Classrooms, active learning, and Blended Learning.
- Manage virtual events using backstage tools and moderation capabilities and make joining your webinars a seamless experience with one-click registrations.
- Make online meetings just as effective as in-person ones, if not more, by creating environments where attendees can exchange information and engage with one another.
All paid plans include full customization of rooms or “pods,” secure exchange of data among participants, and interactive recordings. For higher plans, starting with Adobe Connect Learning, users get access to Branding Customization and Event Management features.
Also available for free is the Small Meetings that allows up to 3 attendees.
Best webinar tool for running virtual conferences
BigMarker is dedicated to providing users with the most comprehensive webinar features to help grow their respective businesses.
Choose from different webinar types to launch, which you can use internally for your company and improve your processes or externally to generate more leads and increase your revenue.
However, BigMarker shines as a tool for running summits and virtual conferences to engage hundreds and thousands of attendees.
- Host multi-series video sessions that you can promote using different channels and monetize from it.
- Embed videos from BigMarker using its customizable video player. Aside from showcasing your brand, you can include elements such as lead forms, offers, and Q&A sections to help create an immersive and interactive experience for attendees.
- Create educational materials to automate training and improve employee and/or customer onboarding process.
- Set up a white label portal or microsite for your brand to help standardize information across all fronts of your business.
BigMarker’s Webinar Software solutions are divided into three tiers: Starter, Elite, and Premier. While they all possess the same features, their differences lie in the number of maximum attendees and hosts per plan.
For its white label feature and advanced services (support and consulting), you need to reach out to its sales team for further information.
Best professional turnkey webinar solutions for companies
Youtube is the most popular video hosting site with over millions of uploaded videos available for viewing. And while Vimeo is far from being a household name, it’s synonymous to producing high-quality video content online.
As Vimeo’s live streaming solution, Livestream offers the same excellent standards for businesses and content creators looking to share their ideas broadcasted in video.
- For enterprises, produce live events complete with integrated tools like Q&A, chat, and surveys streamed in 1080p resolution.
- Receive on-hand support for transmitting your live events to your audience, whether you need small or full-scale production. This way, all you need to worry about is the video content as Livestream will take care of everything!
- Receive a copy of Studio 6, a live streaming software that converts your computer into a live production control panel. Produce live events like a real pro!
Livestream offers three paid plans to choose from. Video Premium ($75/month paid annually) is perfect for people who want to get started with live video for reaching out to their audience. The Enterprise Demo is ideal for businesses looking for premium support for live conferences, summits, and corporate events. Finally, Vimeo OTT allows you to build a subscription channel so you can monetize your Video content.
The latter two require you to reach out to Vimeo for a demo and their respective prices.
Best online conference tool for internal communications
As more people now gravitate towards remote work, the best way to simulate in-person meetings and conferences is to hold it online. This reason proves why having the most suitable tool for setting up video conferences is more valuable than ever.
Webex by Cisco hassle-free online video solutions for businesses. While you can use the software for reaching out to your customers and leads, Webex works best in improving how your team communicates. This way, they can focus on getting more work done instead of worrying how to set up the meetings.
- Integrate with productivity suites like Microsoft Office 365, Google Drive, and Salesforce to help coordinate files and information across different platforms seamlessly.
- Use an AI-powered meeting assistant that captures real-time transcription and creates post-meeting recaps so you can focus on facilitating the discussion instead of worrying about what you’ll miss.
- Offers accessibility features for the disabled so they can participate during the meeting without problems despite their handicap.
- Allows the use of Cisco products like the Webex Boards (video conference system) and Webex Room Devices (conference meeting room device) to aid and inspire your team collaboration.
Due to the current situation, the only way you can find out about Webex’s pricing is to reach out to their sales team for information.
Best free online chat software for all devices
Google Hangouts has been around for a long time as an online communication tool. You can message or hold video calls with users to keep everybody on the same page about work and your products.
And while it’s not a webinar platform in the strictest sense, Google Hangouts is capable of holding webinars and online events on a small scale (maximum of 30 participants). Best of all, the tool doesn’t cost you a single cent!
- Allows participants to jump in and speak during a webinar. There’s little to no moderation that takes place as everybody has full control over how they participate.
- Stream your webinars straight to Youtube to get more eyeballs to your live stream. This is ideal given that the platform itself can only host a limited number of participants at a time.
- Take the webinar wherever you may be by installing the Hangouts Dialer app on your Android and iOS devices as well as your Chrome browser.
As mentioned, Google Hangouts is a free platform where you can launch small-scale webinars with your audience. For participants to access your webinars, however, they must have a Google account.
Also, given that you don’t have to spend a dime, the platform may hamper your marketing efforts. It doesn’t offer analytics, email marketing integration, and others.
Best popular online video solutions for everyone
As one of the most popular and widely used video conferencing tools around, Zoom needs no introduction.
The platform can accommodate any type of online video needs (meetings, conferences, webinars) across all business levels, from solopreneurs to enterprises and even in schools.
- Enables public and private chats during a webinar so you and participants can ask questions and give answers for everybody to see or hold 1:1 interactions if necessary.
- Get participants to join meetings and webinars with just a click of a button. Best of all, people without internet connection can still join via phone call.
- Save all your meetings in the cloud (1GB storage space) so they don’t take up space in your hard drive. You can then access the videos later for review.
- Offers a wide variety of integrations with various aps from security and compliance (OneLogin, AppOmni), learning and development (HeySummit, LTI Pro), productivity (Zapier, GitLab), and others.
As one of the few webinar software with a free tier, you can download and install a copy of Zoom in your computer or mobile device to host a 40-minute online event tops with a maximum of 100 participants. For higher tiers, users get premium features like unlimited group meetings, cloud recording transcripts, custom domains, and more.
You can sign up to each plan per month or yearly (save up to $30-400).
Best video platform for tech-savvy entrepreneurs
Dacast is a developer’s dream for a webinar software. Whereas most tools mentioned in this post are only customizable to a certain point, this platform gives you full rein on how you want your videos to match your brand. In fact, you can even create brand new apps using its developer tools!
On top of it all, its powerful dashboard gives you autonomy on how your audience can view your videos.
- Manage all your video content using the platform’s cloud video platform so you can analyze their performance, find ways to monetize them, and transcoding them into VOD content for evergreen purposes, to name a few.
- Use the video API to customize its video player and make it your own by configuring its monetization tools. You can even build video mobile apps for your business by using its mobile SDKs.
- Stream your content to viewers without lag or buffering issues regardless of their locations (even in China) thanks to its exclusive partners of CDNs.
Dacast’s monthly or yearly subscriptions are measured according to the bandwidth and storage demand of users. The more webinars and online events they launch using the platform, the higher the plan they need.
For beginners, they can click on the Calculator tab so they can break down the bandwidth and storage capacity they need and help them decide which plan is best.
If you want to launch the best possible video conferencing or webinar experience for your team or prospects, AnyMeeting helps you get the job done.
It possesses features to engage participants and make them feel part of the event. At the same time, you can measure and analyze the results of the webinar to help you understand how you can get better results for your upcoming events.
- Tap into your email list by uploading them on the platform and sending the full details about your upcoming webinar.
- Go over the webinar with your co-presenters in the green room while participants go straight in the waiting room before you prepare yourselves and get ready for the event.
- Get participants more involved during your webinars by holding surveys and polls and live audience Q&A which you can sort and edit before publishing them live.
- Use their answers to get insights on how your webinar turned out on top of other analytics and monitoring tools so you can make necessary changes on the next time out.
AnyMeeting has different pricing tiers for video conferencing and webinars. Regarding the latter, all plans possess the same features. The difference lies in the maximum number of webinar attendees.
It also offers a free 30-day trial so you can try out its features and see if the tool is for you.
Webinar Software – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
As you can see above, each webinar software serves a particular audience. For example, educators and schools will find ClickMeeting and Zoom more useful compared to the rest. Same goes for Dacast if users happen to be developers who want full control of the webinar platform.
Whichever the case, this post should help you determine which among the different webinar tools suit your needs the best.
For beginners, we highly recommend WebinarJam. The simple interface and the number of attendees you can invite to your event make it a bang for your buck. There’s even a cheap trial plan you can sign up to so you can leverage its powerful features even before paying in full.
Click here to sign up for a 14-day trial of WebinarJam and give it a test run!