Who doesn’t love YouTube? It’s not just a source of entertainment, but it’s also a fantastic way to keep up with old and new tunes alike.
However, when it comes to listening to music, YouTube has some limitations. For example, you can’t close the app and listen to songs, nor can you easily download just the audio of a video to listen to later.
While a Youtube Premium subscription solves some of these issues, you might only be after a few audio tracks that you enjoy.
This is where YouTube to MP3 Converters come in. As the name suggests, this software takes a YouTube video and extracts the audio track so that you can download it to your device to listen to at any time.
However, YouTube has copyright policies limiting what people can download, play, sell or lend. So before you proceed with this article and the use of MP3 Converters, browse YouTube’s Terms of Service to avoid the unlawful exploitation of video or audio on the platform.
If having done that, you’re still after a YouTube MP3 converter with these disclaimers in mind, read on! We’ve reviewed some of the best Youtube MP3 converters of 2021.
Table of Contents
As we just hinted at, YouTube to MP3 converters transforms YouTube videos into MP3 files. Often, these tools are available as browser extensions where you just paste a YouTube URL into a search bar. Then, when the conversion process is complete, you can download the MP3 file for the video you’ve entered.
Once you’ve downloaded an MP3 file, you no longer need to rely on an internet connection to listen to your favorite songs. Instead, you can play the files on any device that supports MP3.
Many YouTube to MP3 converters offers a more comprehensive range of formats than the name suggests. Depending on the tool in question, you may also be able to convert videos into MPEG4, OGG, WMV, Theora, OGG Vorbis, and other formats.
While many converters are available on the web, finding those that actually work can be challenging. Many are riddled with malware and bugs and provide a poor user experience. That’s why we’ve identified only the best converters for you.
That’s enough preamble. Let’s get into the meat and potatoes of the best YouTube to MP3 converters on the market:
While this converter doesn’t have the most modern-looking interface, the tool still packs a punch. It’s number one on this for a good reason. The 4K Video Downloader is intended for downloading entire videos. Just copy the video’s URL from your browser and follow the on-screen instructions. You can then choose to extract the audio. The tool supports YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Flickr, and DailyMotion. With the software’s free version, you can bulk download 24 videos compiled in a playlist.
- You can download entire playlists
- Annoying ads don’t plague the app
- You can download video subtitles
- You can download videos in high resolution (4k and 8k included)
- There aren’t any editing capabilities
- Long playlists require you to purchase a license
4K Video Downloader’s Pricing
On top of the free plan, two licensing options come with a one-time fee. This license is available across three computers.
- The Personal Plan ($15) lets you access 4K Video Downloader’s main features for personal use.
- The Pro Plan ($60) unlocks all of 4K Video Downloader’s features, making it a suitable option for businesses.
You can also opt into a bundle option ($25 for personal use or $65 for businesses) to access future updates.
If you want a YouTube to MP3 converter that comes with nifty editing tools and fast conversion speeds, Wondershare UniConverter is a suitable solution. It’s the complete all-in-one conversion tool for burning DVDs, editing videos, converting audio, and more.
The software is available for both Mac and Windows devices.
Wondershare’s many editing tools include a screen, webcam, and audio recorder. You can also add subtitles or watermarks, merge videos, trim and crop media and change the speed of the videos you download.
Many of the software’s more advanced features are available as add-ons, so if all you need is a solid YouTube to MP3 converter, you won’t be disappointed. In addition, you can convert movies and songs to any format and move them across to your mobile devices.
- Advanced editing features
- It’s excellent for DVD file editing and creating Blu-Rays
- Wondershare supports lots of devices
- You get access to a highly intuitive interface
- There’s a free version available
- Blu-Ray editing is only available on Windows devices
- The licenses are a little more expensive than many of the competitors listed here
If you’re only after a simple video converter, you can use Wondershare’s converter for free. But to access its wealth of other features, there are three licenses available:
- The annual plan: $39.99 per year.
- The 2-year plan: This grants you a license for two years at a time for $59.99 a year.
- The perpetual plan: This grants you a lifetime license for $79.99.
For a simple, effective, and non-intrusive YouTube to MP3 converter that works with various devices, look no further than YTMP3. This converter can be used in any internet browser and requires no more than a simple URL link to get started. There are no ads or pop-ups and no distracting toolbars. You can even access YTMP3 in dark mode!
For quick personal use, YTMP3 is all you need. But with all its simplicity, it lacks some of the features that other platforms provide. For example, you can only convert YouTube videos into MP3 or MP4 files, and there aren’t any extra features for video editing.
No download is required, and no fees are involved – just head over to their website for a quick and straightforward MP3 conversion.
- It’s perfect for personal use if all you need are MP3 or MP4 files
- You don’t have to download any software or create an account
- Download speeds are relatively quick
- You get access to a clean, easy-to-use interface – there aren’t any confusing bells and whistles.
- It’s ad and virus-free
- There isn’t a batch conversion functionality
- You can’t choose the quality of your download
- Videos above 90 minutes long aren’t supported
- You can only convert videos available in the public domain
YTMP3 is free to use from any device!
aTube catcher is one of the most popular converters on the web and downloaded over 200,000,000 times. It’s not just a video downloader but also a screen recorder for Windows devices. You can download videos from all over the web and then use the tool to create DVDs and CDs.
- You can convert videos into numerous formats (MP2, MP3, MP4, GIF, FLAC, WAV)
- You get access to an in-built screen recorder
- You can download a copy of the software to your computer for personal use
- It comes with a drag-and-drop video editor
- You can convert files and entire playlists in batches
- This converter is best suited to YouTube – it isn’t as optimized for other platforms.
- It’s only available for Windows devices
- aTube Catcher’s site looks a tad outdated
aTube Catcher is entirely free! But, if you want to, you can make a donation on the website.
Loved by over 103 million users, Freemake video converter is another popular tool worth checking out. It’s free to download and enables you to convert videos into over 500 different formats! As such, Freemake is suitable for most devices and purposes, even if your format needs are a little more niche.
Like many others in this list, you can also use Freemake to rip and burn DVDs, make photo slideshows, edit video files, and more. In addition, you can embed videos onto websites, convert subtitles with your videos, and cut, join or rotate clips.
The tool calls itself ‘dumb easy’ to captivate just how intuitive its interface is and promises that most tasks shouldn’t take more than three clicks to complete.
- It’s compatible with multiple platforms
- It’s one of the most versatile tools in terms of the vast range of formats it supports
- Video editing tools are included
- You can download subtitles
- It’s available in four languages
- The free version comes with a watermark on your videos, forcing more professional users to upgrade
- Conversions aren’t the quickest
Freemake offers all of its basic features in its free version, and its pro package only costs $9.95.
AVC is an intuitive MP3 converter used by millions of people around the globe. Where this tool really shines is its fast processing speed and ease of use. In addition, the interface is free from advertisements, spyware, and malware, making it a more welcoming website than many others.
Critical features include AVC’s multi-platform capability. You can download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more.
The tool also allows you to download and save videos to burn onto blank DVDs. And finally, downloaded videos are a fraction of their original size thanks to high HEVC. This ensures quick conversions without jeopardizing quality.
- You can trim and edit videos.
- You can adjust the frame rate, video and audio quality, bit rates, and more.
- AVC supports a wide range of video inputs and output formats.
- The paid version allows you to record and capture video screens
- Batch conversion is available
- The paid version comes with lifetime free updates and customer support
- The software isn’t available as a browser extension. Instead, you need to install it onto your desktop.
- The free version doesn’t come with DVD templates
AVC’s paid version is available for a one-off fee of $49.95.
At first glance, it may appear like all converters do the same thing. But your user requirements might differ from those of someone else. For example, while converters are commonly used for personal use, some might want to download audio or video from YouTube for professional projects.
That said, keep your end goal in mind while considering the following factors:
Converted files must keep high file resolution to play clear audio and maintain a non-pixelated display.
Sometimes you might have more than just a single video you want to download. Perhaps you’re downloading a whole album or a collection of sound effects? In those cases, bulk conversion is a valuable feature to look out for so that you can convert multiple files simultaneously.
Suppose you’re downloading a video in a foreign language and want to ensure you can still understand what’s going on. In that case, you’ll need to look out for a converter that will preserve any subtitles. Unfortunately, not all converters support this feature, so bear that in mind.
Some converters limit themselves to only converting videos into MP3 files, while others offer other formats. Depending on your needs, you may require a specific file format. Needless to say, your ideal conversion tool should be compatible with all the
formats you might need.
Suppose you’re editing videos. In that case, you might find a built-in editor helpful. For example, tools like AVC come with editing capabilities to help you do more with a single converter.
Some YouTube to MP3 converters takes a lot longer than others to complete a conversion. While this depends on video length, file format, and quality, some tools are faster than others. If your project is time-sensitive, choose a speedy option.
Before you use a YouTube to MP3 converter, remember to check you have permission from the creator and the copyright holder to download a video. Copyright infringement is a punishable offense, so be sure not to use these tools without careful consideration.
With that in mind, here’s how to use most Youtube To MP3 converters:
Navigate to YouTube and find the video you want to convert. Then, click into the address bar of your browser and copy the entire video URL.
Paste the link
Open the converter of your choice and paste the link into the text box. The interface on the page will likely prompt you to do this and provide you with more info.
Most tools offer several different format options for the conversion. Choose the one you’re interested in, such as MP3, WAV, OGG, etc.
Select the desired quality. Higher-quality downloads will take longer to complete and take up more space on your device. However, the audio quality may suffer if you choose a low option.
Download and enjoy!
Click on the ‘download’ or ‘convert’ button.
That’s it! Right now you can listen to your favorite tune offline, no matter where you go.
So, there you have it! That concludes our list of our favorite YouTube to MP3 converters. So, get started using MP3 converters to access your favorite tunes on the go, rewatch videos offline, or edit together content for your own social media channels.
Suppose you’re a professional video editor and want to make use of a tool with extra capabilities. In that case, we recommend Wondershare UniConverter for its wealth of features and licenses for professional use.
But, for a quick, simple, no-download-required video converter, head over to the YTMP3 website. Alternatively, if you just need a reliable, simple yet capable and cheap converter, check out the 4K Video Downloader that tops our list as it’s a perfect choice for the average user.
Just remember – before downloading any video with any of the converters above, we recommend carefully reading YouTube’s terms of services (or your chosen video platform’s). Also, make sure you have the right to download and use the video material. Find more information on fair usage laws here.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this review of the best YouTube to MP3 converters. Which of these tools is the best, in your opinion? Let us know in the comments below.
Want to Learn More?