Paraphrasing tools (sometimes referred to as a rewording tool) allow users to easily craft original, plagiarism-free content.
This lets students, business owners, marketers, and writers publish content without worrying about duplicate content online.
There are plenty of reasons why someone might use a paraphrasing tool. For example, a blogger could use an online paraphrasing tool to update an old blog post. Or SEO teams might want to use it to optimize content. Copywriters find it useful for creating short-form copy quickly.
Whatever the case, there are two types of paraphrasing tools you can use. The first type is a regular paraphrasing tool that will take whatever content you feed it and rewrite it to make it unique. For the average user, this can be enough to get the job done. And the second kind is an AI writing platform, which is a bit more advanced than the first.
The latter uses GPT-3 (similar to most AI writing software) to generate human-like content and comes with additional features that would allow users to further tweak the content to fit their preferences. For example, you can adjust the tone of the writing and make the output more academic if that’s your target audience, or more conversational, if that’s what you need.
But as useful as a paraphrasing tool is, it is still a machine that will need human supervision and guidance. To understand its limitations better, let’s take a look at its pros and cons:
If you’re interested in finding and using the best paraphrasing tool available to you today, we can help. Below is a list of regular paraphrasing tools and AI writing platforms that can help you produce high-quality content easily.
What Are the Best Paraphrasing Tools?
Here are our top paraphrasing tool recommendations for creating the best, plagiarism-free content along with useful information including their key features and pricing.
Jasper uses AI technology to produce content such as websites, social media platforms, emails, and advertising. It’s considered the best overall because of its comprehensive features.
You’ll want to consider using Jasper if you need to rewrite content in different languages. This rephrasing tool can read and write content in more than 25 languages—a feature that’s incredibly useful for companies and marketers that are trying to tap foreign markets.
Are you worried about your SEO performance? Jasper integrates with Surfer SEO. That means every piece of content that this rephrase tool produces will be optimized for search engines.
- AI Templates: Choose from over 50 templates to get the exact type of content you want.
- Boss Mode: Create long posts that are SEO-optimized and plagiarism-free. Finish your first draft 5x faster compared to writing it yourself.
- Jasper Art: Have Jasper create art or image for your posts in seconds using AI technology.
- Starter: Starts at $24/month
- Boss Mode: Starts at $49/month
- Business: Custom Pricing
- It is inexpensive given all the included features.
- It can write content in different languages.
- It can handle short- and long-form content.
- Plagiarism-free content with built-in Copyscape integration
- Integration with content optimization tools like SurferSEO to boost rankings
- AI recipes and templates are included to make access easier for beginners
- 26 languages and built-in grammar checking with Grammarly
- It can generate taglines in 25+ languages.
- You can easily use it with other AI writing (from Jasper) features.
- You can add it to Chrome.
- You can use it with SurferSEO
- It creates plagiarism-free taglines
- Reduced risk of plagiarism with Copyscape integration
- Integration with SurferSEO to boost your position in the SERPs
- Sentence expander, content improver, and explain it to a child features for different styles of content.
- It may produce factual errors.
- It needs someone to check its work, especially when producing longer articles.
- Coherence and flow could be better in some cases.
- Jasper regularly repeats words and phrases, which could lead to increased editing time.
- It requires a keen eye for detail (because it can generate errors)
- Flow and coherence can suffer when creating longer sentences.
- The tool sometimes repeats certain words and phrases.
Copy.AI is what you need if what you want is a free paraphrasing tool. It’s perfect for beginners who just want to have a taste of what AI paraphrasing can do for them. And since it’s free, users don’t have to deal with any of the risks.
This online paraphrasing tool walks users through the entire process. All they need to do is to state what type of project they’re starting and provide some context. Copy.AI will then generate results that you can choose from. From there, all you have to do is edit the content to your liking.
Copy.AI also has the ability to create content in more than 25 languages in seconds.
- Templates: Choose from different templates for different categories like marketing and real estate.
- Copywriting Tools: Gain access to different content tools like the Free Instagram Caption Generator.
- Tone Selection: Generate content with either a professional or relaxed tone.
- Pro Plan: Starts at $36/month if billed annually
- It gives you several results to choose from.
- It gives you access to different content generator tools.
- It provides official coupons to those that want to upgrade to paid plans.
- Freestyle tool for giving custom instructions to your AI algorithm
- Naturally well-written content with minimal editing required In-built “inspiration” services to help you come up with new ideas
- Free AI tools for beginners
- Multiple alternative options for each sentence, to match your tone of voice
- Choose from a range of different personalities for each sentence
- Free access is available for beginners, ideal for smaller projects.
- Inspiration options to help you come up with new ideas from scratch.
- Plenty of customization options for giving unique instructions to the AI algorithm.
- Dozens of templates for eCommerce, digital ads, blog content, and sales copy.
- More than 25 language options, all with naturally well-written content.
- Inspiration services to help you come up with new content for your brand
- It tends to insert random content.
- It is not ideal for long-form content.
- The templates can be quite restrictive, and difficult to edit once the copy is produced.
- Building long-form copy is often quite difficult due to production limitations
- The content can be quite difficult to edit based on restrictive templates.
- No options for expanding sentences or changing the language automatically.
- The templates are a little restrictive, and editing your content can be a little complicated.
- The content production options are focused mainly on short-form copy.
Paraphrase-Online is one of the best online paraphrasing tools that are completely free. If you only need to rephrase a couple of lines of text, it doesn’t get any less complicated than this tool.
There are no special features to speak of. And unlike some of the other entries on this list, it does not use AI to create content for you.
But it is really simple to use. All you need to do is paste the text that you want to rewrite then press the Paraphrase button. You’ll get the paraphrased text in a second or two.
- Fast: Get results in just a matter of seconds.
- Free: Get paraphrased content at no cost to you.
- Easy: Create content by simply typing in or pasting a few lines of text.
Spinbot is another free paraphrasing tool that is ideal for students, researchers, and bloggers. Unlike some of the tools on this list, Spinbot is ideal for large quantities of text. It claims to be able to paraphrase content that are up to 10,000 characters in length.
The Paraphrasing Mode lets you choose how short or long you want the paraphrased text to be. And there’s also a feature that lets users retain capitalized words if they are proper nouns or titles.
You can also choose to have the tool ignore certain words that you enter in the Ignore field. Words in the Ignore field will remain unchanged as the article gets paraphrased.
- Text Spinner: Spin an article in a matter of seconds by simply pasting text.
- Paraphrasing Mode: Specify if you want the paraphrased text to be shorter or longer than the original text.
- Capitalization: Keep the capitalization of words when the article is paraphrased.
Paraphrase Online (not to be confused with Paraphrase-Online) is able to change the sentence structure of whatever content you enter in the input box while keeping its original meaning. And it does this really fast. You’ll get the results as soon as you hit the Paraphrase button.
This is an article rephrase tool that gives your results right away. And because you can upload content as a .doc file, this is possibly the fastest way to paraphrase a long document.
There are also other features that you can use. For example, the Text Improver feature will allow you to make confusing paragraphs look clearer. That’s an important tool to have especially if you’re into creative writing.
- Word Changer: Find synonyms to whatever word you enter.
- Sentence Rephraser: Use artificial intelligence to rewrite content.
- Text Improver: Make your content more readable.
Quillbot is a powerful article paraphrase tool thanks to its list of impressive features. For starters, Quillbot has a built-in plagiarism checker to make sure you don’t copy other existing content by accident. There’s also a Citation feature that will automatically create a citation for you in the format you select just by entering the source.
If you find that a text is too long, use the Summarizer to quickly shorten it. This can also be used to make sentences and paragraphs longer.
There’s also a grammar checker so you don’t have to worry about posting content that’s full of grammatical errors.
- Citation: Cite a source in the proper format (MLA, APA, etcetera) by simply entering the source URL, book, or article.
- Summarizer: Shorten content with the click of a button
- Grammar Checker: Keep your content free of grammatical errors
- Premium: $4.17/month if billed annually
Here’s a quick guide that’ll help you understand what paraphrasing tools are and how they can help you as a student, writer, or business owner.
A paraphrasing tool refers to something writers use to rewrite content without changing the intended meaning. It is often used to avoid plagiarism but can also be used to shorten or lengthen content.
Paraphrasing tools are handy because they allow users to create new content faster. They also help users avoid publishing plagiarized content.
These tools are also a great time saver given that half of the work is already being done for you. If anything, paraphrased content gives you a headstart if you’re struggling to write your introduction.
Paraphrasing tools are also capable of translating content into other languages.
Here are a couple of things you should consider when looking for a tool to rewrite content.
- Price: You don’t want to overpay for what’s essentially an article rewriter.
- Features: If you’re going to pay for a paraphrasing tool, you want something that provides features outside of being a sentence rephraser. Having a built-in plagiarism checker, for example, would be nice.
- Limitations: You don’t want to end up with an AI-based paraphrasing tool that limits how much content you could rewrite, especially if you’re paying for it.
- Quality: Perform a couple of tests to check the paraphrasing process. Avoid tools that deliver too many grammatical errors and nonsensical sentences.
What is the best paraphrasing tool for 2023?
The best paraphrasing tool for 2023 is Jasper.
Is paraphrasing illegal?
No. But you should cite your sources when necessary.
When choosing the best paraphrasing tool, you should consider one that has all the features you’ll need to rework content efficiently.
If you only need to rewrite content once or twice, then a free tool like Copy.AI might be enough. But if you’re going to rewrite a lot of content, then using paid tools like Quillbot and Jasper might be necessary because they give you more features to work with.