Quality writing takes time and effort to produce. It’s not something that can be rushed, nor is it something that can be easily outsourced. The best writing is the product of a skilled writer who understands the audience they are speaking to, and who takes the time to craft a message that is relevant, engaging, and meets search engine standards.
As a writer, you know how important it is to produce high-quality content on a consistent basis. But with so many other obligations clamoring for your attention, how can you find the time to do everything that needs to be done?
Fortunately, advancements in AI are now making it possible for writers to get help with virtually every stage of the writing process. In fact, 37% of organizations currently use AI in the workplace to some capacity, according to Gartner, meaning the notion of using AI for completing work tasks is increasing in prominence.
From ideation to execution, AI tools can automate much of the work for you, freeing up more time to focus on what matters most: creating great content.
Even so, effective use of AI writing tools still requires a human touch. And that’s what we’ll be talking about here today.
You can use AI to write articles, yes, but it’s actually a bit more complicated than that. It’s typically best to break down the article-writing process into smaller chunks and/or concepts when it comes to effectively using AI tools.
- Brainstorming Ideas. AI tools can help you come up with ideas for articles quickly so that you don’t have to spend hours or days brainstorming.
- Writing short-form advertising content. Generate short-form ad copy so that you don’t have to do it manually.
- Writing SEO-optimized headlines. These headlines are essential for your content to be seen, so AI tools can help you craft perfectly optimized options.
- Writing content for forums. AI tools can help you create content that is tailored for forums and other social media platforms.
- Using AI for customer service. You can use AI writing tools to create compelling customer service messaging for your website, FAQ page, or customer service portal.
- Writing social media captions. Social media captions can be tricky to write but AI can craft the best possible phrasing while optimizing for keywords all while staying within preset character limits.
- Writing meta descriptions. Again, a part of writing articles for the Internet is to create meta descriptions to go along with them. This oftentimes tedious task is a challenge as you need to include specific keywords within a restrictive character limit. AI writing tools can complete this task in seconds.
- Finding top-ranking keywords. AI tools can help you find the perfect keywords to use in your content so that it will rank better in search engine results.
- Analyzing content from the competition. Some of these tools can also analyze the content of your competitors and help you craft more effective versions with suggestions for sections to include and so forth.
- Optimizing images for SEO. Write image alt text and captions that are optimized for search using AI tools.
- Transcribing videos. AI tools can transcribe videos as well, which is yet another writing task you can check off your to-do list.
- Reviewing text for typos and grammar errors. Built-in grammar tools make AI writing an even more streamlined process.
As you can see, AI can be a huge help when it comes to writing articles, if you know how and when to use the right tools. But that is just the thing: you need to know how to use it effectively to make the most of AI.
When using AI tools to write articles, there are a few key guidelines you need to keep in mind to improve output and to ensure the resulting articles are of high quality.
AI tools can generate amazing content, but it is still important to review and edit the output to make sure it reflects your brand voice and tone. Any content you produce should be edited after the fact to fit in with your existing content with regard to style, tone, and branding. You should always go the extra step to add your own voice to content written by AI.
Good writing always has a natural flow and while AI content can be pretty impressive, it’s not always the best when it comes to generating a consistent flow of ideas. Nor is it always the best at imposing a logical structure. You should always edit the structure of a piece and make sure your ideas flow logically before using it on your website or in any other capacity.
This is even more imperative since Google can detect when content has been written by AI. Changing up what’s output by the AI and editing the content to have proper transitions between ideas and sections is essential for combating this.
AI tools are great for quickly generating the content, but this can lead to certain ideas or phrases being repeated over and over throughout the piece. Take this example below from Jasper. When attempting to output an article about different types of healthy fish, it began to create descriptions with identical sentences:
This is a situation where you would definitely need to manually edit the output content closely before it’s anywhere near usable. You should always go through AI-generated content and remove any redundancy, as it can have a negative impact on how the content is perceived by readers.
Even though the output is rough, it still does serve as a good starting point for content creation – and can save you a lot of time in the long run.
AI content can only be as good as its data sources, so it’s important to add your own original research and quotes to the piece to make it unique. This will also help to make sure that the content you generate is of high quality and stands out from other AI-generated content.
When it comes to writing content with AI tools, it is also important to monitor how the output is generated. This means watching how the AI is constructing sentences and how grammar and style is used. This will allow you to spot any issues with the AI output as they’re happening, saving you potential headaches later.
There are plenty of benefits to using AI for the writing process, and these will vary depending on how you use it. Let’s review a few of the most common benefits now.
If you need to quickly generate content for your blog or website, then AI tools can be a great help. According to Statista, 54% of businesses surveyed indicated they felt AI had improved productivity and this makes a lot of sense when you consider how long tasks like writing typically take.
You can use AI to spit out content quickly, and then you can take the time to review it for any errors and make sure that it fits your brand’s voice after the fact – saving a considerable amount of time overall.
AI tools can help you generate higher-quality content since they are programmed to recognize how language works, how to make sentences flow, how to organize ideas logically, and how to use keywords effectively. As long as you review the output of AI tools before using them, you can be sure that the content will have a higher overall quality.
This perceived boost in quality is recognized by company owners and organizations, too. The AI market is expected to exceed $1,394 billion by the year 2029.
Using AI tools can help you create search engine-friendly content, as they are specifically designed to identify how to use keywords throughout a piece. With the help of AI, you can be sure that your content is optimized for search engines and that it will rank better in the SERPs.
Often, you can input keywords you’ve previously researched as well and the AI tool will optimize the content it generates around these words and phrases in a natural way.
AI tools can help you create engaging content by suggesting how to craft compelling titles and how to draw readers in with a strong opening paragraph. AI can also help you craft content that is timely and relevant, as well as how to use the right language to engage readers.
Using AI tools can help you save time and money on content creation, as they’re designed to automate the writing process. This means that you won’t have to spend time painstakingly writing every sentence, and you can instead focus your efforts on other tasks that require more creativity.
Overall, AI tools can be a great asset when it comes to creating content, especially if time is of the essence. If you’re looking to create engaging and high-quality content quickly, then taking the time to learn how to use AI writing software is definitely worth it.
You can also use AI tools to help you brainstorm ideas for content and get a better understanding of how readers will respond to certain topics. By using AI, you can create content faster, more consistently, and with greater optimization for search engines. Just remember to review the output of AI tools before using them and make sure it fits your brand’s voice.