The use of AI writing assistant platforms is increasing across the sales and marketing industry. It’s being used to craft content—from social media posts to email subjects—and is steadily gaining a lot of traction. In fact, the growth of the use of AI in content creation has gone above previous growth projections, in large part due to the numerous benefits it offers. But while AI writing assistants bring a lot of advantages, it is not a flawless system. Here’s a detailed breakdown of AI writing tools, their advantages, and other important elements and details that organizations and businesses need to take into consideration if they intend to use these tools in their writing process.
What Are AI Writing Assistants?
Companies that produce extensive written content often encounter problems when it comes to churning out content regularly. Sustaining creativity is one, and ensuring high-quality material is another. In a lot of cases, businesses fail to produce informative and valuable content because they are reliant on the capacity of their team members to research and write. An AI copywriting tool addresses this problem through its cutting-edge algorithms, which are designed to research, rework, outline, and even write some types of content at an impressive rate and quality. Basically, writing assistants are software tools that create content by leveraging Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing (NLP). AI writing assistants use these three AI subsets, specifically NLP, for complex applications of AI copywriting tools to create blog posts, email marketing copy, and take on other content creation tasks.
Why Use AI Copywriting Assistants: Key Benefits to Consider
Artificial intelligence is well-known for making the lives of its users simple by taking care of repetitive tasks and aggregating disparate resources to a centralized platform. Moreover, AI can sort through data and provide concise results to queries made by users. In the context of content creation, there is so much that can be done if AI writing assistants are applied to your day-to-day content production work streams.
- Jumpstart Ideas – Teams that are expected to churn out content consistently will inevitably experience writer’s block and run out of ideas. AI writing assistants can help jumpstart ideas through their in-depth understanding of audience expectations, thus allowing writers to craft more targeted and relevant material.
- Improve Productivity – The writing process can be long and tedious, especially if you focus on crafting long-form articles or content such as whitepapers and reports. To maximize productivity, AI tools can help establish the groundwork for these projects by crafting outlines and providing keyword research, saving writers a lot of time.
- Improve Social Media Presence – Being active on social media platforms requires social media managers to write content regularly. Sometimes, writer’s block could get the best of social media managers and content writing teams. When this happens, AI-powered tools that create captions could help pick up the slack.
- Help Personalize Content – Marketing efforts revolve around personalized content. That involves writing email subject lines that are highly likely to be opened, including headings for blog articles. AI copywriting software heading and subject generators are highly effective in this arena. Not to mention AI-powered research software that helps writers target resources that resonate better with the target audience.
- Improve SEO Rankings – Writing high-quality content that is informative and engaging to the target audience is essential to Search Engine Optimization efforts. Using an AI writing tool that develops relevant, informative content, that follows an easy-to-read structure can provide great support for SEO efforts.
Who Uses AI Writing Assistants?
The benefits of AI writing assistants highlight the fact that the use of artificial intelligence in the writing process is widely diverse. This basically means that users of these tools are also greatly varied. Depending on the complexity of the writing tool, this type of software can be used by individuals, small businesses, and even mid-sized to large enterprises.
AI Copywriting Assistant Buyers By Function
- Content and Marketing teams – Content and marketing teams create content regularly. From email marketing copy to longer-form content, these teams rely on AI tools to streamline their workflows and help churn out content consistently. The potential use cases of these automated solutions are endless in this industry.
- Advertisers – Ads are written to be brief and memorable. While visuals play a significant role in making sure the ad makes a great impression, the written copy has to be relevant and engaging as well. With AI content writing tools, ad copywriters can generate more content ideas that can hopefully convert.
- Sales Teams – Sales teams, especially in the B2B sector, tend to rely on written templates tailored to fit the needs of different clients. AI assistants can expedite this process by making the necessary changes to the documents or content so sales teams can deliver customized content to their desired audience.
- Bloggers and Content Creators – Bloggers and content creators need to create content that matters to the target audience. To get out of writer’s block, AI assistants can help generate ideas and even handle complex tasks such as structuring content for bloggers and content creators.
AI Copywriting Assistant Buyers By Size
- Small Businesses and Startups – Small businesses and startups are the most common end-users for most AI assistant tools. This is mainly due to the intensive marketing efforts invested in the early days of a startup or small business. At this stage, AI tools are needed to generate ideas, up to scheduling publishing dates.
- Midsize Businesses and Large Enterprises – Midsized and large enterprises benefit greatly from AI tools as well. These large companies aim to create highly informative content with great insight. To achieve this, companies are leveraging the capabilities of AI assistants to research content thoroughly.
Features of AI Writing Assistants
What are some of the most common features of AI copywriting tools? Here are a few helpful to users across the spectrum mentioned above.
- Natural Language Processing – When rephrasing or writing content, it has to sound natural. NLP plays a vital role in ensuring that written content sounds natural and engages the target audience.
- Rich Text Editor – Regardless of the core functionalities of an AI-powered writing tool, one of the baseline features is a rich text editor where end-users can mark up their copy with media and hyperlinks.
- Text Editing – Some AI writing tools can write posts autonomously, however, writers will still need to review and ensure quality and consistency. A text editing feature is generally available on most AI writing software to help make editing easier and more efficient.
- Assisted Content Creation – Assisted content creation uses a different approach to NLP: it uses what is known as Natural Language Generation, which is also a subset of artificial intelligence. This augments media to help marketers write scripts for videos and other audio content through state-of-the-art algorithms.
- Auto-Save – To prevent losing progress on work, most AI tools will auto-save as frequently as possible, especially when connected to the internet.
- Automated Text Generation – Whether it is a short headline or longer social media posts, some of the best tools with cutting-edge machine learning and NLP features can create content autonomously.
- Long-Form Content – Long-form content requires extensive research, and AI research tools can lay the groundwork for this. This works both for fictional story writing and marketing copy.
- Content Ideation – When writers experience writer’s block, AI assistants come to the rescue by generating great ideas for the content being created. Quite quickly, writing teams can have dozens of ideas for their campaigns.
Nice to Have Features
- Reporting and Analytics – Analyzing KPIs, such as SEO metrics relevant to your industry, amplifies content writing potential. Receiving reports and analytical data on effective historical writing methods can set a good precedent for content.
- Grammar Check – In-built grammar checkers can help ensure the quality and consistency of your content as you craft content. This helps users spot errors faster and address them immediately. Third-party plugins that work well with AI assistants are also a great solution if your chosen platform doesn’t provide grammar checking as a standard feature.
- Content Templates – One of the main benefits of artificial intelligence is its ability to help minimize the tedium behind many writing tasks. Templates for example, which are often built into the platforms provide a great structure for any content that you intend to produce, which can help save time.
- Plagiarism Checker – Having an in-built plagiarism checker is a great feature and eliminates the need to use separate tools that could make the workflow more complex or more time consuming. However, similar to grammar-checking tools, there are options to add plagiarism checkers on writing assistants as a plugin.
- Workflow Management and In-App Collaboration – Superior writing assistants provide a wide range of services, including workflow management and in-app collaboration. Having productive workflow hinges on the collaboration capabilities of the enterprise’s tools. Some writing assistants can create an efficient pipeline that streams from writers to proofers, fact-checkers to editorial managers.
Important Considerations When Choosing AI Writing Assistants
Although the artificial intelligence community has taken great strides to improve the process, there is still a long way to go. For example, automated article-writing software cannot create content independently. To date, AI writing assistants still require extensive supervision by human writers to revise and restructure the content whenever necessary. In addition, search engines are able to identify content, specifically, blog posts, created by AI writing tools. This can negatively impact your search engine rankings as it is often identified as spam. This means companies who intend to use AI assistant tools always need to factor in the human element to create high-quality content that adds value to the target audience. For other forms of content such as social media captions, ad copy, and email subjects, using AI writing tools is equally effective, but will also require human intervention. For now, the process, whether it’s being used to craft short-form copy or full articles like blog posts, will still have to rely on extensive support and human intelligence in order to truly maximize its potential. The good news is that the content marketing and artificial intelligence industry is continuously evolving and growing. As both sectors progress, it would only be a matter of time before fool-proof writing software with better and more comprehensive features gets introduced.
Software Related To AI Copywriting Tools
Software similar to AI copywriting tools detailed below is often used simultaneously by users to improve content writing, metrics, and workflows.
- Proofreading Tools – Proofreading tools are designed to integrate seamlessly into a writer’s creative process to catch typos and errors with little disruption to their workflow. These tools can cover features that simply catch misspelled words and grammar mistakes, or cover more complex tasks such as flagging stylistic errors and curating content to fit a specific demographic.
- Plagiarism Checking Tools – Plagiarism-checking tools ensure the content doesn’t have plagiarized text. These tools scan through every website and compare similar text to determine whether the written content is plagiarized or not within just a few seconds. This has a dual-benefit effect since it insulates the organization from legal responsibility if the author(s) of the plagiarized text decide to take legal action. The second benefit is improving search engine rankings. Search engines rank websites with plagiarized content lower and tend to penalize pages or sites.