No matter how adept you are at producing content, companies today still struggle to find the time and budget to produce high-quality copy consistently. This is where technology comes in—because the best AI writing software promises a convenient way to generate content fast.
With an AI writing assistant, it’s possible to delegate some of the complexity behind writing to an intelligent system. The tool has grown so much in popularity that the AI writing assistant market is projected to reach a value of $1,022.3 million by 2028.
Of course, not all AI copywriting software is built equal. Finding the right tool for your specific needs is an important step in making sure you continue to produce high-quality content. So we’ve rounded up the top options you have today in the market in this AI writing software buying guide.
What Is The Best AI Writing Software?
Jasper, previously known as Jarvis and Conversion.AI, is an AI writing tool built to create content quickly and effectively for blogs, websites, social media, and more. If you’ve heard of them before, it’s because Jasper frequently tops AI writing tool buying guides–and for good reason. You can use Jasper to automatically generate long-form content in seconds, and even implement search engine optimization into the final output to help boost your rankings.
The Jasper Command solution allows users to simply start typing and have the technology finish sentences for them. The process is fully automated and works seamlessly. The tool has a notable command of punctuation, grammar, and capitalization.
- Multiple languages: Jasper can create content in up to 25+ languages, allowing you to customize content depending on what audience you intend to reach.
- Lookup, find and replace: You can easily identify key elements in your text like names, places, and pronounces, as well as verbs and adjectives. There’s also a find/replace feature.
- Fonts/styles: Choose from a range of more than 2,500 categories for writing styles to suit different styles of content. There are also 11,000 free fonts to choose from.
- Punctuation: Easily add common punctuation symbols like exclamation marks, periods, and commas, to ensure your content looks professional.
Jasper’s pricing starts at around $49 per month for up to 35,000 words per month for the “Starter” package. This comes with 50+ AI templates and support for 20 + languages, as well as accounts for as many as 5 users.
There’s also an advanced “Boss mode” with compose and command features, a Google Docs style editor, and a range of other features starting at $99 per month for 100,000 words per month.
- It is inexpensive given all the included features.
- It can write content in different languages.
- It can handle short- and long-form content.
- Plagiarism-free content with built-in Copyscape integration
- Integration with content optimization tools like SurferSEO to boost rankings
- AI recipes and templates are included to make access easier for beginners
- 26 languages and built-in grammar checking with Grammarly
- It can generate taglines in 25+ languages.
- You can easily use it with other AI writing (from Jasper) features.
- You can add it to Chrome.
- You can use it with SurferSEO
- It creates plagiarism-free taglines
- Reduced risk of plagiarism with Copyscape integration
- Integration with SurferSEO to boost your position in the SERPs
- Sentence expander, content improver, and explain it to a child features for different styles of content.
- It may produce factual errors.
- It needs someone to check its work, especially when producing longer articles.
- Coherence and flow could be better in some cases.
- Jasper regularly repeats words and phrases, which could lead to increased editing time.
- It requires a keen eye for detail (because it can generate errors)
- Flow and coherence can suffer when creating longer sentences.
- The tool sometimes repeats certain words and phrases.
Best for Teams
For help scaling your creative content production, copyAI is one of the best AI writing tools that you can try. This powerful tool aims to end writer’s block, with a range of useful creativity tools and features. You’ll start by creating the kind of copy you want to write, describe a few basic features of your product, and copyAI will produce a range of content pieces to choose from.
While copyAI is popular for creating product descriptions and listings, it can also be a fantastic tool for refining your writing skills. There are creative writing prompts to get your creative juices flowing, and a range of bonus tools such as a slogan generator, meta description generator, and more.
- Variety of content types: You can produce everything from Facebook and Google Ad to Hero text, get blog ideas, and create outlines in a couple of seconds.
- Multi-language: The solution can produce AI content in more than 25+ languages, so you can reach your customer across the globe.
- Inspiration: copyAI will help inspire you when you’re struggling for content ideas and even give you tools to improve your writing skills.
copyAI is one of the best AI writing software options with a dedicated free plan. The free package will give you access to 10 credits per month and 40 bonus credits for the first month, which you can use to create content in over 25+ languages.
If you upgrade to the Pro package, you’ll pay $35 per month for unlimited credits and projects, and get access to all of the latest features. There’s also an Enterprise package available via quote.
- It gives you several results to choose from.
- It gives you access to different content generator tools.
- It provides official coupons to those that want to upgrade to paid plans.
- Freestyle tool for giving custom instructions to your AI algorithm
- Naturally well-written content with minimal editing required In-built “inspiration” services to help you come up with new ideas
- Free AI tools for beginners
- Multiple alternative options for each sentence, to match your tone of voice
- Choose from a range of different personalities for each sentence
- Free access is available for beginners, ideal for smaller projects.
- Inspiration options to help you come up with new ideas from scratch.
- Plenty of customization options for giving unique instructions to the AI algorithm.
- Dozens of templates for eCommerce, digital ads, blog content, and sales copy.
- More than 25 language options, all with naturally well-written content.
- Inspiration services to help you come up with new content for your brand
- It tends to insert random content.
- It is not ideal for long-form content.
- The templates can be quite restrictive, and difficult to edit once the copy is produced.
- Building long-form copy is often quite difficult due to production limitations
- The content can be quite difficult to edit based on restrictive templates.
- No options for expanding sentences or changing the language automatically.
- The templates are a little restrictive, and editing your content can be a little complicated.
- The content production options are focused mainly on short-form copy.
Best for Marketing Copy
Writesonic is one of the best AI content writing tools in the market today that’s gaining a lot of attention in the marketing industry. Built using state-of-the-art deep learning AI, the solution can write articles in a fraction of the time it would usually take. This powerful tool can be relied on to produce landing pages, blog posts, articles, Facebook ads, and even emails for your campaigns.
Currently used by around 150,000 marketing teams worldwide, Writesonic simplifies the process of creating long and short-form content, whether you need help with SEO meta descriptions or Amazon product features. There are more than 40 copy templates to choose from, and an impressive selection of copywriting formulas to explore.
- E-commerce and Ad copy: Writesonic can produce a host of LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook ads, as well as specialist sales emails, Amazon sponsored ads, and product descriptions.
- Intelligent blog/article copy: You can produce all kinds of marketing content with an AI article writer, blog idea generator, and content rephrasing and expanding tool.
- Bonus tools: Writesonic offers a range of bonus tools you can’t find elsewhere, such as a product name generator, and company and personal bio support.
- Various copy templates: You’ll be able to choose from a variety of copy templates to create your content in seconds.
Writesonic offers a wide range of pricing options, so you can scale your investment as your business grows. The free trial will allow you to use up to 10 credits with access to all of the basic features to create content in 25 languages. Other options include:
- Basic: $15 per month for all features, 100 credits, a SEMrush integration, long-form writing assistant and more for one user.
- Professional: $45 per month for unlimited credits, 1 seat, and all the features of Basic.
- Startup: $95 per month for all the features of Professional, plus priority support, and 2 seats.
- Agency: $195 per month for all the features of Startup plus 4 seats, and longer AI outputs.
- Built-in WordPress publishing to push your stories straight to your website
- Landing page and product description generators for promoting books
- 25+ languages for connecting with any customer around the world.
- Text expander for turning short-form content into long-form pieces.
- Generally, requires more editing due to common flow and comprehension mistakes.
- Can have a significant learning curve for beginners with so many content options.
4. INK Editor
Best for SEO
If you’re looking for an AI writing assistant that strikes a good balance between your creativity and automated efficiency, INK Editor could be a great choice. It is arguably one of the best AI writers that leverage co-writing features with SEO guidance to produce original work. The core of the service is a patented AI system capable of analyzing content in real-time and providing SEO score suggestions.
Trusted by market-leading teams around the world, INK Editor can help you re-write titles and portions of text to make them more impactful and engaging. There’s also the option to generate content immediately for social media, eCommerce, and your website blog.
- Search Engine Optimization: A patented AI system reverse-engineers competitor content and shows you everything you need to know about ranking higher online.
- Fast content production: You can create snippets or entire pieces of content five times faster with the INK Editor service.
- Rewriting tools: If you just want to make a heading or specific piece of text sound better, INK Editor can suggest a range of alternatives to help you.
INK Editor Pricing
There’s a free version of INK Editor which will allow you to access 22 sentence rewrites per day, 50 AI copywriting tools, and 5 INK points per day. You also get 3 SEO scores a month.
Premium pricing for INK Editor starts with the Starter package at $8 per month. This plan comes with a Google Chrome Extension, unlimited sentence rewrites, formal and casual rewrites, 50+ AI copywriting tools, 222 INK points per month, 3 SEO scorings, and 1 user login.
Pro SEO at $44 per month comes with all the features of Starter, plus unlimited SEO scoring, SEO keywords, and 555 INK points. While Team SEO at $177 per month supports 3 user logins, and unlimited INK points, with a dedicated customer success manager.
Best for Grammar and Proofreading
Grammarly is one of the better-known grammar and spellchecking tools trusted by creative teams across various industries. Designed to help you spot everything from contextual errors to common grammar problems, Grammarly can perform copy checks in a range of languages in seconds earning itself a reputation for being the best writing assistant software in the market. The platform even has provisions for plagiarism checking and can offer suggestions on how to improve your content, style-wise.
Grammarly is extremely easy to use for anyone who wants to give their content an instant upgrade. There’s a Chrome extension to help with writing your emails, and a Word add-on for Microsoft users. The interface is very clean and straightforward to use as well.
Although this tool won’t write your content for you, it could be the best AI writing software for serious writers.
- Help improve your writing: This AI writing assistant will help enhance your writing with spelling, grammar, and contextual checking. You’ll even get a “content score”.
- Integrations: You can download Grammarly for a range of business apps or access the browser add-on to use it wherever you go.
- Ease of use: The interface is very straightforward on the web, mobile, or even when accessed through an integration.
There is a range of pricing options to choose from with Grammarly, starting with the free service. This will allow you to access free spelling, grammar, and punctuation checks for most content. Other options include:
- Premium: $12 per month for plagiarism detection, single-user support and advanced writing suggestions.
- Business plan: $12.50 per user per month for a centralized billing system, priority email support, brand tones, snippets, style guides, and a dedicated admin panel.
Best for WordPress Compatibility
Rytr is one of the best AI writing software solutions on the market for anyone who wants to embed AI functionality directly into their existing website or store builder and access an AI creative writing assistant as they work. The solution offers integrations for a range of tools, including WordPress. All you need to do is choose your use case from a range of options, add some contextual input, and the system will write for you.
Rytr can support companies in producing content for a variety of purposes, including LinkedIn and Twitter ads, product pages, blogs, meta descriptions, and more. It also uses scientific copywriting formulas like PAS and AIDA to reduce the need for editing.
- Template options: Chose from a range of 30+ templates and use cases to help you create the perfect content for any vertical.
- Multi-language: More than 30 languages are available, and over 20 tones of voice options too.
- Integrations: Take your AI writing assistant anywhere with integrations for WordPress, Word, Google Docs, Outlook, and even your browser.
- SEO analyzer: Built-in SEO analytics help to boost your position with the search engines.
As far as AI writer software goes, Rytr does pricing a little differently than other AI writing tools. You’ll pay for the number of words you need to produce, rather than choosing a specific pricing package. To get an accurate price for your service, you’ll need to contact the team.
Generally, for up to 5,000 characters a month, you don’t have to pay anything. Around $9 per month will get you up to 50,000 characters, while you’ll pay $29 per month for Unlimited characters.
- Multiple “creativity level” options to help you create unique content.
- Instant one-click access to WordPress, Google, and social media extensions.
- Built-in plagiarism checker to examine content originality.
- Free plan includes access to 30+ languages and 20+ tones
- Unlimited plans for creating as much content as you need
- Plagiarism checker built-in to ensure the originality of your content.
- Six creativity levels to determine how much the algorithm sticks to your guidance
- Instant access to WordPress, Google, and social media with the Rytr extension
- Tight character limits on most plans could make it harder to produce long-form content.
- The flow of the content can vary from one piece to the next.
- Character limits for most plans make it difficult to produce large amounts of copy
- Inconsistent quality means you may not always get the most natural writing
7. AI Writer
Best for Ease of Use
AI writer is an AI writing tool great for companies looking to create high-volume content in the most efficient way possible. If you don’t have the time to commit to endless research and article creation, you can use this system to produce an article based on the information you submit. Just enter a headline to get started, and the platform does the rest.
The solution can craft everything from full-length articles to short-form copy for ads and product descriptions. You’ll also be able to access an SEO guide to help you boost your rankings, and you can publish anything you create straight to WordPress. As an added bonus, the AI writer comes with access to citations so you can verify the information used.
- Text re-writing: If you need to spruce up existing copy or make it sound fresh, you can use AI Writer to convert existing text into something new.
- In depth insights: Generated content comes with SEO guidance and a list of citations to help you verify the information you share.
- Automatic blogging: There’s an API for automatically generating blog posts and publishing them straight to WordPress, though we’d recommend checking the content first.
AI Writer Pricing
AI Writer offers a free trial via its website where you can test the platform’s main features with limited capabilities for 7 days. From here, you can upgrade to their paid plans:
- Basic: $29 per month for up to 40 articles with AI text generation, SEO, text rewording, WordPress publishing and API access.
- Standard: $59 per month for the features of Basic for 150 articles and 1 user.
- Power: $375 per month for up to 1000 articles and 10 users, with all the features of the Standard plan.
The Best Free AI Writing Software
When you’re searching for the best AI writing software, you might find a handful of providers offering free trials, or free package offerings. Even some of the companies we mentioned above have their own “free forever” plans.
While these options can give you a good introduction to the capabilities of your new AI writing software, it’s worth remembering that most come with significant limitations. For instance, you may only be able to create a limited number of pieces of content.
It’s still best to test the different services by availing of their free plans to start with. If you like their selection of features and find it most useful for your needs, you can then upgrade to a paid plan to gain more comprehensive functionalities.
AI Writing Software Buyers Guide
Need help choosing the best AI writing assistant? This Ai writing software buyers guide will give you the direction you need.
What Is AI Writing Software?
AI copywriting software, or AI writing tools are specially-designed tools that use artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate, augment and enhance content creation. The idea behind these tools is to support content producers by creating a wide variety of different types of content, fast.
According to studies, around 97% of companies say content is an important part of their overall marketing campaigns. With content, companies can showcase thought leadership, attract customer attention, expand brand reach, and boost their presence on search engines.
AI content writing software allows you to produce content much faster, polish your text, and even improve your SEO rankings, all at the same time.
What Are the Benefits of AI Writing Software?
Content writing software built on AI isn’t intended to solve every copywriting problem a company encounters when it comes to content creation. These tools do have their downsides. For instance, some reports suggest that Google and other search engines are penalizing content which appears to have been written using AI tools.
However, choosing the right platform and focusing on creating high-quality content as much as possible means you can benefit from:
- Better content quality: AI content writing solutions can help check your content for any issues with spelling, grammar, context, and style.
- Faster content production: You can produce content a lot faster than you’d be able to without AI assistance. Some tools can even help with your research.
- Enhanced competitiveness: AI solutions can help to make you more competitive by assisting you with content writing ideas and boosting your SEO.
- Better time management: When content writers don’t have to spend as much time polishing their work and addressing small typos, you’re saving them a lot of time that they can spend more towards crafting more creative copy.
- Efficient backend production: AI tools can take over the time-consuming task of designing content frameworks and guidelines so specialists can focus on polishing copy.
What to Look for in the Best AI Writing Software
Achieving the right results with your AI writing software means choosing the most effective tool from the get-go. You’ll need to think carefully about how you plan to use your AI writing software to ensure you’re picking the right platform for your needs
For instance, some companies will just want basic help polishing and enhancing copy, which could mean choosing a tool like Grammarly. Alternatively, other businesses may need a more comprehensive solution that can generate entire pieces of copy for them.
When looking for your AI writing software, focus on:
Content types and templates
A good AI writing software should have a range of templates to choose from to suit different writing needs. You might need your service to produce Twitter and Facebook posts, blogs, eBooks for your business, and even novels. A wider range of templates gives you more to choose from.
The content produced should always be as close to human in quality as possible. Look for a solution which includes everything from punctuation and style checking to different options for tone of voice. If your AI solution uses information taken from other places on the web, you should be able to see the citations for these too.
Budget and pricing
A good AI writing solution should suit your budget. Just remember, you will usually get what you pay for. If you want high-quality content with SEO checking and other features built-in, then you’ll need to be willing to pay a little more.
Integrations and plugins can make it easier to use your AI writing solution anywhere. Many excellent tools come with browser plugins, integrations for Word, and valuable connections for your business software. You can even publish from some apps straight to WordPress.
AI Writing Software FAQ
Q: When should you use an AI writing assistant?
Usually, it’s best to avoid using an AI writing assistant to create your entire content pieces for you. Instead, these tools should produce frameworks, offer inspiration, and help to polish your content. This way, you can still ensure your writing has a human touch.
Q: Can AI replace writers?
As mentioned above, AI writing tools should generally be seen as assistants, rather than full writers. They can help with automating repetitive tasks and making recommendations based on SEO needs. However, your AI assistant can’t fully replace a human writer.
Q: Can AI write better than humans?
AI solutions can help with polishing content, correcting grammatical mistakes, and boosting the SEO quality of your content. However, you’re unlikely to find a solution that can provide the same creativity as a human writer.
Choosing The Best AI Writing Software
The best AI writing software for your needs will depend on what functionalities will address your business objectives. There are plenty of excellent options, but each serves its own distinct purpose. For instance, you may want to choose:
- Jasper for the best all-around AI writing experience. The service is simple and straightforward, with plenty of content production options to automate.
- Grammarly for improving the quality of your writing, getting style recommendations and fixing spelling mistakes.
- CopyAI for producing a range of different kinds of copy in a multitude of languages. You can also use this as a brainstorming tool.
- Writesonic for intelligence, ecommerce ad copy, and help making the most out of your Amazon listings.
- INK Editor to improve your SEO rankings and making sure you have what it takes to rank higher than your competitors.
Finding the right AI writing assistant can prove to be a game-changer for content creators who want to support their creativity and skill with automation and efficiency. Give our top picks a try to see what features suit your business best.