The best AI story generator is a valuable tool in today’s complex world of content production. In an environment where writers and creatives are under constant pressure to consistently come up with new ideas to engage and delight their audience, a little intelligent help can go a long way.
An AI story generator is a form of “AI writing software” designed to assist professionals in coming up with new ideas, improving their writing quality, and even generating crucial resources like plots and character descriptions. Some AI solutions can even include art generator options which allow authors to rapidly create illustrations, book covers, and other graphics.
AI story generators, like AI writing tools in general, are gaining significant attention in the content production space. By 2030, the AI writing software landscape is expected to reach a global value of $1,363.99 million, and many companies are already leveraging the benefits of the right AI tools.
Of course, not all AI story generators are alike. Today, we’ll be comparing some of the top products on the market, with a focus on content quality, unique features, and overall value, to help you make the right choice for your augmented writing process.
What are the Best AI Story Generators?
Among the most popular tools for AI writing, Jasper.AI, previously known as “Jarvis”, is a comprehensive tool for creating all kinds of scripts, content, books, and more. Jasper can produce a complete outline for a story in less than 30 minutes and comes with a range of ready-to-go templates to choose from for each type of content or story.
Jasper also has a built-in “Boss Mode”, which allows authors to provide the system with some basic info, and generate an outline in a matter of seconds. There are also various writing scripts available in the community environment to get you started. Jasper integrates directly with a range of tools to boost content quality too, such as Copyscape for plagiarism, Grammarly for content editing, and SurferSEO for search engine optimization.
- Valuable integrations: Jasper leverages tools like Grammarly to improve your content quality automatically, and minimizes plagiarism with Copyscape.
- Boss mode: The “Boss mode” option allows users to accelerate their content production workflows by about 5 times while accessing unique AI scripts.
- Multiple languages: There are 26 languages to choose from, allowing users to create content for any audience they choose.
- Endless templates: Jasper comes with various templates to choose from for different styles of content, so you can create virtually any story you like.
Jasper can be accessed for as little as $29 per month depending on the number of words you need. The “Starter” package is the cheapest option, with 50+ AI templates, and support for all of the various languages supported by the algorithm. You can also add up to 5 users to your team.
The “Boss” mode package starting at $59 per month comes with additional long-form story templates, advanced speed, and AI command scripts.
Best for Shortform Copy
CopyAI is a fantastic tool for creating stories using the GPT-3 algorithm for natural language processing. The core focus of this tool is flexibility. It provides users with complete freedom to give custom instructions to the AI algorithm about what they want to write, what kind of audience they want to reach, and even the tone of voice they want to use.
CopyAI can provide users with creative writing prompts to get them started if they’re stuck for ideas. The tool also supports more than 25 languages, so you’re free to produce content for any audience. There are also more than 90 templates to explore.
- Multiple content types and templates: Copy.ai supports a wide range of different content types, from short-form to long-form stories.
- Freestyle editing: Users have complete freedom to provide insights to the AI algorithm on what kind of content to produce, and what tone of voice to use.
- Versatility: The AI generator produces multiple options for each content campaign, so you can choose the solution that makes the most sense for you.
- 25+ languages: You can automatically convert your content into over 25 languages, and edit it however you choose.
There’s a free plan available for Copy.ai with absolutely no credit card required. You’ll only be able to produce 2,000 words per month on this plan. However, you do get access to unlimited projects and most of the built-in copywriting tools.
The “Pro” plan starts at $49 per month for up to 40,000 words. This package includes access to a blog wizard tool, all the newest features, and support for 5 users.
Best All-In-One Solution
Scalenut is a versatile AI story-creation tool, designed to simplify the entire writing workflow. The solution comes with access to a unique “Cruise mode” option which allows you to simply enter a little information about the story you want to create and set the system to work on your behalf. There’s also support for SEO-friendly writing, and professional services if you want a human to look over and edit your content when you’re done writing.
Every plan for Scalenut comes with a competitive research system to help improve your content quality, social listening tools, content grading, and a dedicated chrome extension. The solution has SEMrush integration for keyword research and cluster development. Plus, it allows you to check for plagiarism with Copyscape, and publish directly to WordPress.
- Built-in SEO: Thanks to the integration with SEMRush, Scalenut can help with everything from finding keywords, to analyzing competitors before users create content.
- Cruise mode: The simple cruise mode solution allows you to integrate a content brief into the system and produce content within as little as 5 minutes.
- Chrome extension: A chrome extension makes it easy to create content ideas in a second, by capturing information from any page.
- Talent network: An available talent network makes it easy to find professional writers and editors to assist with your story development.
Scalenut has a series of three plans to choose from, starting with the Individual plan at $29 per month for up to 100,000 AI words, 5 SEO reports, and 40+ AI tools. The Growth plan for $79 per month delivers more AI words and SEO reports, Cruise mode, Instruct, AI settings, paraphrasing, collaboration tools, and SEPR facts.
The Pro plan is $149 per month for unlimited SEO reports, a dedicated customer success manager, 100 topic clusters, and multiple users.
Best for Longform Copy
Writesonic is a straightforward tool for content creation, with automated workflows for writing books, articles, and other long-form content. The solution has convenient bonus tools, like a text expander, paraphrasing capability, and article summarizer, to help you make the most out of your content. Plus, you can publish content to WordPress with one click.
Writesonic can help with creating content ideas from scratch and has its own AI art generator (Photosonic) for creating graphics to go alongside your pieces. Writesonic not only integrates directly with WordPress, but it’s also suitable for use with Zapier, so you can connect the system to tools like Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and more.
- Visual content generator: An available AI image content generator makes it easy to create book covers and other content to go alongside your stories.
- One-click WordPress export: Send your content straight to WordPress without any copy-pasting, or link to other tools with Zapier.
- Bonus tools: Users get an included landing page generator, blog intro generator, paraphrasing tool, and text expander included in the package.
- Chrome extension: A chrome extension allows you to capture content from elsewhere on the web and rewrite, expand, or shorten it instantly.
A free version of WriteSonic is available for up to 6,250 words per month. This includes access for one user and allows you to test out all of the features automatically. The premium plans vary depending on the number of words you need, and the “quality” of content you want.
“Good” content starts at $10 per month for the short-form plan or $13 per month for the long-form alternative. Premium content is the same price, but it reduces your available words to 12,000 per month for short-form and 19,000 per month for long-form.
Best for Small Businesses
Anyword is a relatively straightforward copywriting tool, designed to enhance content creation with machine learning and natural language processing. The company was the first in the AI copywriting landscape to offer “predictive performance scores”, which help you to determine how well each piece of copy will resonate with your target demographic.
With Anyword, you can create entire customer personas to ensure your copy is tailored specifically to your intended reader. Plus, there are various copy options to choose from, including ad copy, landing pages, and long-form content.
- Real-time scoring and analytics: Access a predictive performance score to determine how well your content will resonate with your target audience and the search engines
- 30 languages: Any word has more language options than most other AI story generators, making it ideal for international content creators.
- Custom AI models: Build your own AI model from scratch, trained to speak in your specific tone of voice.
- Data-driven copywriting tools: Tools to help you improve the “score” of your content after you generate each post.
Anyword pricing starts at $24 per month with 2 months free if you choose the annual plan. This will give you 200,000-word credits per month, and access to 200+ copywriting tools, 30 languages, multiple seats, 100+ AI tools, and a blog post wizard.
The “Data-Driven” plan starts at $83 per month for 30,000 credits, real-time predictive performance scores and analytics, and advanced options. There’s also a custom pricing plan for businesses that allows you to create your own custom AI algorithms.
Best Value for Money
Rytr is a leading AI story generator with an excellent reputation in the digital market. The solution promises a way to produce content up to 10 times faster than normal, with an easy-to-use environment. You can choose your language, your tone, your use case, and the number of variants you want the system to create for each type of copy.
Rytr has its own extension to make promoting your content on different channels as quickly as possible. There’s also the option to adjust how “creative” the algorithm is when making changes to your content. The system also has a built-in plagiarism checker and an all-in-one cloud storage system for your content.
- Multi-language: Rytr has more than 30 different languages available to choose from, as well as 20 options for different “tones of voice”.
- Built-in plagiarism checker: You can ensure your content remains as original as possible with an included plagiarism checker.
- Image creation: Users can create images to go alongside their stories with an AI image generator built into the system.
- Creative control: You can choose exactly how much you want your algorithm to stick to your instructions, or add a unique spin.
There’s a free plan available for Rytr which allows users to generate up to 10,000 characters per month, with 40+ templates, 30+ languages, 20+ tones, and a built-in plagiarism checker. You also get 5 AI-generated images each month.
The paid plans start at $9 per month with the Saver plan, for 100k characters, and 20 images per month, as well as custom use cases. Or you can access the Unlimited plan for all the characters you need, 100 images, and a dedicated account manager for $29 per month.
Best for Ease of Use
Inferkit is a relatively straightforward solution for AI story generation, designed for people who are just getting started in this environment. The system makes it quick and simple to choose exactly what you want to write, with a specific tone of voice, and various generation options. There’s also very little limit to what you can create, as you can churn out as many words as you need.
With Inferkit, you can write up to 10,000 characters per week for free, so it’s great for consistently updating your own books or content strategy. There are also API options available for developers, to make it easier to integrate your technology with your existing workflow.
- Straightforward interface: There’s no learning curve with Inferkit. Just add some information and choose the length of the text you want to generate.
- Batch requests: You can ask the AI system to create a multitude of different “batches” of content at once, to save significant time.
- API access: API access makes it quick and simple to connect your solution to various other tools and services you already use.
- State-of-the-art neural network: The built-in neural network is excellent at maintaining coherence and context throughout the content production process
Inferkit’s pricing is relatively straightforward. The “Basic” plan is $20 per month for up to 600,000 monthly characters. The “Premium” plan will cost you $60 per month for up to 2.5 million monthly characters. You can also set your character limit to auto-refill.
AI Story Generator Buyer’s Guide
What is an AI Story Generator?
An AI story generator is a form of AI writing tool. These solutions help individuals, creators, and companies to create all kinds of content with support from artificial intelligence.
Most tools will use a combination of machine learning, natural language processing, and neural networks to scan the internet for information and formulate a story.
Depending on your requirements, an AI story generator can be an excellent way to create story outlines or ideas, build character pages, or design entire plot lines from scratch. In some cases, these tools can also be used to improve the quality of your writing with grammar and spelling suggestions.
What Are the Benefits of An AI Story Generator?
In the past, AI story generators haven’t always been the most reliable tools for content creators. However, as machine learning and neural networks continue to evolve, these tools are becoming increasingly effective at delivering amazing content.
Some of the major benefits of using an AI story generator include:
- Save time: An AI generator can save you time in coming up with content ideas, writing your stories, and even making them sound more professional.
- Better results: You can enhance the quality of your writing with automatic research, SEO improvements, and grammar and spell checking.
- Reduce writer’s block: If you’re struggling to come up with an idea after staring at a blank page for too long, an AI story generator will give you ideas to work with.
- Longer stories: Writers struggling to expand their content can use AI to enhance their ideas and give more depth to their content
- New perspectives: Many of the algorithms included in story generation platforms can provide you with a range of new perspectives and ideas for your content.
What to Look for In An AI Story Generator?
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for finding the perfect AI story generator. For some creators, the most important feature will be the ability to produce natural-sounding and engaging content for the right audience. For others, it might be crucial to have a system that can work in multiple languages. Here are some factors to consider:
- Content quality: It’s important to ensure the content produced by your AI generator sounds professional and engaging, with a high level of comprehensive flow. The better the content quality, the less time you’ll need to spend editing.
- Customization: A story generator should allow you to customize your content according to your specific needs. This could mean you can change the language your content is generated in, or choose different tones of voice.
- Budget: Some AI story generators limit the number of characters you can produce based on the pricing plan you choose. If you’re planning on producing a lot of long-form content, you’ll need a pricing plan to suit your needs.
- Built-in features: Built-in features like content extenders, paraphrasing tools, and even AI image generation capabilities can save you a lot of time and effort in producing the ideal stories.
Best AI Story Generator FAQ
How do I create an AI story?
Most AI story generators are relatively straightforward to use. They’ll ask you to enter some details about your story, such as keywords, and topics to cover. You’ll also need to choose a language, a tone of voice, and sometimes an intended audience. Once the content is generated, you’ll be responsible for editing it and improving the flow.
Who is an AI story generator for?
AI story generators can be valuable tools for all kinds of creative professionals. They’re ideal for authors looking to generate ideas for their next novel or eBook. They can also be useful for creating blog content and website copy.
Can AI write a book for me?
Some AI story generators will allow you to create long-form content like eBooks. However, it’s important to make sure you edit the content carefully and maintain coherence of the content.
Choosing The Best AI Story Generator
The best AI story generator for your needs will depend on several factors, including what kind of content you want to create, and what sort of tone you want to share with your target audience. You’ll need to think about your budget, the necessary features you need from your content creator, and how much work might be involved in editing.
Some of the best AI content generators include:
- Jasper.ai: The best overall content generator for creating plagiarism-free content in as little time as possible.
- Scalenut: The ultimate AI content generator for creating landing pages, graphics, and a range of other tools for your stories.
- Writesonic: A powerful content generator for long-form content, with access to AI graphic generation and more.
Do you have any experience with the AI story generators mentioned above? Tell us all about them in the comments below.