What is a Landing Page Builder?
A landing page is a powerful tool for generating leads. They’re single-page websites that allow marketers to test strategies and gauge interest in a new campaign or idea. Landing pages are usually made with a very specific purpose in mind, like collecting emails or directing traffic to the main website; and dedicated builders help optimize them for the best results.
Landing pages can be made quickly and cheaply thanks to no-code builders. And take note, landing page builders are different from website builders and there are actually free landing page builders available.
So which one is right for you?
In this article, we’ll cover the best choices for building a cost-efficient and effective landing page for your next winning campaign.
Why Are Landing Page Builders Important?
It Can Save You Time
Landing page builders offer tons of templates and no-code structure editing, so people of all abilities can get going. It’d simply be too time-consuming and expensive to build a landing page without these super-efficient tools.
It Can Save You Money
Website developers aren’t cheap. But landing page builders effectively put one at your fingertips for a fraction of the cost. Templates and no-code editing eliminate the need to outsource the tasks to costly developers and designers. Plus, they can give you an idea of what isn’t working and help you save money on future investments. A landing page’s insight toward buyer intent will inform you whether it’s worth putting in more time and money.
You Can Have Access to a Variety of Landing Page Templates
The access to a variety of pre-designed templates means you can grab whichever one suits your page’s purpose with zero hassle. All of a sudden, you’re able to deploy contact forms, limited offers, or anything that suits – with style!
Criteria to Consider in Choosing the Best Landing Page Builder
It Must Integrate A/B Testing
A/B testing is a vital metric that determines how well your landing page performs. Marketers will often tweak details between a set of pages to figure out how the changes affect conversions. A/B testing integration will provide essential data on how to evolve your landing page for the best results.
It Should Have Mobile Optimization
Many of your landing page visitors will be viewing on mobile, so ensure a clean experience for them, too. Builders should enable your landing page to be optimized for desktop and mobile for a similarly exceptional experience.
It Should Have a Good Integration
Whilst impactful, landing pages are only one leg of the table. In order to use the information they collect, you’ll need to integrate some other apps. The most common ones include CRM platforms to nurture leads, and metric trackers like Google Analytics to review your page’s performance.
Best Free Landing Page Builders
Best Free Landing Page Builder
Carrd is straightforward and offers great value for money. The basic functionalities are available for free, and the Pro Lite plan at $9/year packs all you need for a rudimentary campaign. If you were hoping to ramp things up in the short term, looking at other, more robust builders is best. But with plenty of templates and strong integration, you can’t go wrong with this single-page builder.
- Simple payment gateway
- Supports custom code and widgets like Stripe, PayPal, Gumroad, Typeform, and more.
- 75+ templates
- Google analytics integration
- Easy-to-use editor
- Interface labeled in layman’s terms
- Ability to animate
Carrd’s free plan lets you build three sites per account. You can also opt for the Pro experience, which can cost as little as $19 per year. Plus, you get a free trial for the pro version, just in case you weren’t already sold on the price.
- Affordable pricing plans with a generous free plan
- Mobile editing support
- The simplest website builder you can find
- Simple, stylish, and easy to navigate
- Sign up only when you publish
- Unable to add a blog to your website
- No eCommerce options
- You can only create one-page websites
- No scalability whatsoever
- Still requires HTML formatting for text
- A third-party membership needed to migrate data
Best for Independent Content Creators
ConvertKit is made for independent creators who want to capitalize on their audience with an email list. It works for any business but is particularly attractive for creators who want to monetize what they do, like authors, bloggers, YouTubers, and musicians. The setup is easy and allows people to spend minimal time on the back end to get things going.
- Email marketing
- Drip campaigns
- A/B Testing
- Dynamic content
- Subscriber management
- Landing pages
- Email designer
- Email automation
- Sign up forms
- Automation and segmentation
ConvertKit is incredibly flexible in its plans. There’s a free version that can be used by up to 300 subscribers. There are also plans for automation and scaling, though the price barriers are small, at $9 and $25 per month specifically.
- Reliable deliverability
- Interface is simple and easy to use
- Broadcast email functionality is seamless and convenien
- A choice of 50+ templates and quality themes
- Handy additional elements like a countdown timer and past edition feed
- A quick and effective way to automate business
- Lacks integration with ecommerce platforms
- Not ideal for multiple clients
- Solely specializing in email means that you’ll need heavier integration all round
- Clunky builder
- Lacks spam testing
Best for Scaling Businesses
Hubspot is known as a robust all-rounder for businesses looking to scale. Their landing page toolkit has you covered on all corners: marketing, sales, and customer service. Different systems are cleanly synced up rather than cobbled together. HubSpot isn’t for total newbies, but it’s a powerful CRM platform if you’re willing to get to grips with it.
- Customizable CTAs
- Search Marketing
- Website Visitor Tracking
- Drip Campaigns
- AB Testing
- Dynamic Content
- Lead Qualification
- ROI Tracking
- Landing Pages/Web Forms
- Social Marketing
Hubspot is much pricier than some of the other tools on this list. While it does offer a free plan, this is only optimal for small businesses, due to the number of marketing contacts that you’re allowed.
Best for CRM Integration
As a CRM powerhouse, it makes sense that Mailchimp would offer a landing page builder to go alongside. If you’re already happy with Mailchimp, having your landing page close to home makes sense. They’re free and unlimited with all Mailchimp plans, but don’t expect them to rival a standalone tool in capability or design. If you need something clean and simple to sit alongside your Mailchimp CRM, this LP builder gets the job done. Plus, some big website builders like Squarespace let you sell straight from your landing page.
- Audience dashboard and demographics
- Content studio
- Design templates
- Automation tools for customer journeys, ads, and more
- Analytics suite, with smart recommendations and A/B testing
While MailChimp’s premium platform can be expensive, its other plans are much more affordable, with the standard plan coming in at $17 a month, respectively. There’s also a free plan that allows you to send out 2500 emails a month, which is perfect for small businesses.
Best for Creatives and Retailers
Squarespace’s name often precedes itself. But how does it stack up for landing pages? Although short, landing pages are no exception to Squarespace’s site-wide standards. All of its plentiful features and designs are at your disposal, even if for one page. It doesn’t quite uphold the almighty image that its marketing pushes. Still, the eye-catching designs are backed up by a growing bunch of features that keep your page optimized for lead capture and conversion.
- List Management
- Social media integration
- Mobile Optimized Emails
- Event-Triggered Actions
- Drip Campaigns
- Landing Pages/Web Forms
- Subscriber Management
- CAN-SPAM Compliance
- Image Library
- Template Management
- WYSIWYG Editor
Squarespace offers a 14-day trial that lets users test out the platform to determine if it suits their needs. However, all Squarespace website plans can be purchased for an annual term and come with one (1) year of free domain registration on available domains on the cheapest pricing tier.
- Great-looking templates on this platform
- Comes with blogging features
- You get terrific 24/7 customer support
- Edit pages through mobile apps
- Ready-made templates to choose from
- Admin dashboard is easy to use and learn
- Provides backups and redundancy for your site
- Round-the-clock support via email and live chat
- Easy to set up and use for beginners
- Fantastic for attractive but simple stores
- Lots of SEO tools to help you rank online
- Suitable for different kinds of selling, including print on demand
- Integration with leading shipping tools
- Rapid live chat support
- Hot and stylish with tons of stunning templates
- Built-in ecosystem for expansion and scaling
- There’s a mobile app available, which is great for website owners on the go!
- You’ll benefit from a feature-rich blogging engine with multi-author functionality.
- There are over 100 beautiful website templates to choose from
- It does cost more than your average site builder
- There’s only a single sub-navigation
- Page speed isn’t that good
- No phone support
- More expensive than average competitors
- Transaction fees add to overall costs
- No app store for extra functionality
- Their fluid engine drag-and-drop builder can get finicky
- Could be overkill if you already have your CMS and analytics taken care of, and just need a straightforward page to link to
- Squarespace’s website editor isn’t as easy to use as some of its competitors – it certainly comes with a slight learning curve.
- Changes to your website immediately go live, making it hard to make more substantial edits.
- You can only structure one sub-navigation level for your site.
- Page speeds for Squarespace templates are sometimes lower than what is desirable.
- There isn’t a free plan available.
Best for New Page Builders
Ucraft is a worthy competitor to more established builders. On the table, you’ll find over 120+ templates and something extra that you don’t see often: a collection of over a million curated icons, free for commercial use. They also boast a beefy set of useful integrations spanning marketing activities, sales, customer support, and traffic drivers. As usual, there’s no coding needed, and a simple, responsive design. Personal websites come amply equipped, even on the cheaper side.
- Drag and Drop
- HTML Input
- Domain Name
- Site Analytics
- Marketing Tools
- Email Integrations
- Content Management
Ucraft provides a free plan, which has the most features you would expect from the tool. However, if you’d like to access some of the more advanced features, like abandoned cart savers and product inventory tracking, you may have to opt for one of the paid plans. That being said, they’re still a good deal considering all that you get with the tool.
- There are built-in security features
- Ucraft is so simple to use
- You gain access to great customer support
- Great third-party integration
- Comes with a free domain
- Unlimited pages
- Very reasonable price for what you get
- It lacks interactive features like customer feedback
- The cheapest plan only lets you add 15 products
- The cheapest plan only accepts Stripe and PayPal transactions
- You can’t downgrade your plan
- Limited template selections
- Integrations could be improved
Best for Small Businesses
Unbounce is a great fit for digital entrepreneurs and small business owners like lawyers, accountants, and dentists. It’s designed for those who are already converting leads into sales, due to the hefty upfront fee. But if you’re looking to start ramping up your conversion, Unbounce is a proven and powerful companion.
- AB Testing
- Audience Targeting
- Campaign Management
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Customizable Branding
- Customizable Templates
Unbounce offers a free 14-day trial to access its full slew of landing page features. But users will have to opt for their paid options moving forward, which can can be expensive, even for startups, with a $90 monthly fee on their most basic plan. The prices get higher based on the number of visitors, conversions, and domains you’re managing.
- Extensive guides and resources
- Excellent natural copy generation, with minimal editing required.
- Multiple template options for product descriptions, ad copy, landing pages, Facebook ads, and more
- Chrome extension to automatically create content on social channels.
- Excellent A/B testing functionality
- Huge toolkit at your fingertips
- Not ideal for creating long-form copy, due to limited output options.
- No options to help you organize your content.
- It needs better analytics tracking
- Price is uninviting unless you’re making money
- Responsiveness and mobile optimization could be improved
Pick The Right Software With Findstack
Armed with the right info on all your free landing page options, you can start finding the right platform for your needs.
Be sure to check out more posts at Findstack so you can have everything you need to make an informed decision about which tools are right for your business. We’re committed to providing you with the most comprehensive directory of software across the board. Feel free to join our readers in staying up to speed with the best in-depth guides, comparisons, and unbiased reviews by going through our software categories today.