One of the more significant changes that we’ve seen in how businesses operate today is its shift from face-to-face meetings to online.
Prompted by the pandemic, on-demand, as well as automated webinars, have dramatically increased to 1,104% and 164% and it’s only primed to grow. And as more people recognize how such platforms can facilitate team communication and generate revenue, reliance on the technology will continue to rise.
We’ll talk about the different online webinar platforms you can use so you can decide which of the featured tools of the best webinar platforms 2023 is best suited for your business.
Inside, you’ll find our reviews for:
- Zoho Meeting
- Adobe Connect
- Vimeo Livestream
- Google Hangouts
Let’s get started!
What Makes a Great Webinar Software?
A thorough webinar platform comparison, one that studies the features and tools of paid versus free webinar software, various webinar apps, and different webinar providers will feature an extensive range of tools and functions. But at the minimum, good webinar software should help you generate more attendees outside of your current audience to maximize your online event.
When it comes to the actual webinar hosting services and webinar providers available, the platform should make participants feel engaged and involved through its selection of tools and features. And finally, users should have the ability to review the performance of webinars using KPIs so they know how to make their next webinars better.
Here are our top choices for the best webinar services to try this year:
Best Overall Webinar Software
Whether you want to sell products to your target audience or improve internal communications of your company using videos, Livestorm has the tools for you.
As a webinar platform with a free plan, Livestorm delivers the goods as you can set up quick meetings and webinars to help you get things done faster.
And with its intuitive UI, you can create webinars and meeting events with just a few clicks. Once everything is set up, send the link to people where they can sign up and they can access the platform from their browsers.
- Set up different webinar types (live, on-demand, automated) that match your company’s needs.
- Create video content such as online courses, product tours, and training materials to help potential customers make an informed decision.
- Launch instant online meetings from your browser or schedule them on your calendar with your team members.
Unlike the other webinar tools above, Livestorm has a free basic tier that allows the creation of unlimited webinars with unlimited moderators. There’s a limit for the maximum minutes per webinar and attendees for each. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for a quick way to host your live videos, give Livestorm a try.
For its Pro plan, you get more hours, live attendees, and on-demand registrants per webinar starting at $88/month, and you can get in touch to get a quote for their Business and Enterprise plans.
- Comprehensive and user-friendly webinar software
- Intuitive email invitation setup
- Integrated chat functionality for audience interaction
- Seamless integration with third-party apps
- Detailed analytics for performance evaluation
- Instant Meetings feature for impromptu collaboration
- Lack of pre-configured polls and call-to-actions in webinar setup
Best for Marketing
Some platforms tend to bog down their software with features you won’t need for streaming your videos. Demio makes sure it provides an amazing webinar experience by focusing on its core elements and making sure it works better than other options. Demio is a top webinar program and webinar hosting software that ticks all the boxes for many businesses.
With Demio, users can stream live or pre-recorded videos to an audience as easily as possible. Even if you don’t have any webinar knowledge, this software allows you to seamlessly connect with your audience via the live videos you record, making it a reliable live webinar software to use.
- No need for anyone to download the software on their computers. Demio is an on-demand webinar software that lets you open the webinar link on your browser and load up the room instantly.
- Analyze the performance of your webinar event from tracking registrations to understanding how people watched your video. Also, monitor the results of the polls and CTAs launched during the webinar making it an efficient webinar training software.
- Integrates with a wide variety of marketing tools and apps to help improve productivity via automation (Zapier) and include attendees in your mailing list (MailChimp, GetResponse, etc).
Demio offers two main pricing tiers, Starter, which costs $59/month, and Growth, which costs $109/month. For more extensive features and tools, they have a Premium Plan available as an annual subscription.
- Offers easy email integration and automation with event reminders
- Distinct waiting room experience
- Comes with extensive marketing features and webinar tools to support lead generation
- Added cost for over 50 live participants
- Doesn’t offer a registration page making it difficult to determine number of attendees
Best webinar software for sales
As one of the best webinar platforms in the market, WebinarJam is developed by Genesis Digital. It is a SaaS software company with the goal of providing digital solutions to innovators looking to deliver their products and services efficiently.
In line with the company’s goal, WebinarJam provides you with all the features to launch webinars where you can sell your products and services to your audience.
- Lets users broadcast live to a Youtube page.
- Allows people to set up a pop-up of the offer with a countdown timer that appears during the webinar so attendees can take action on the spot.
- Lets you leave a room due to technical difficulties with a click of a button. The software will load you and everybody in a new room so you can resume the webinar.
- Grants the host the ability to pull videos of webinar participants for a 1:1 session and give each one of them a better and more personalized experience.
All plans let you create unlimited webinars. The difference in each comes down to the number of presenters, attendees, and the maximum duration of the webinar in hours.
The Starter plan starts at $39/ month, but their most popular tier is the Basic plan at $79/ month.
Higher plans ($229/mo onwards) give users access to the Panic Button and Always-On live room.
For a more in-depth look into WebinarJam’s tools and features check out our WebinarJam Review.
- Easy social media integrations
- Provides automatic recording
- Lets you add surveys and polls in webinars
- Compatible with numerous browsers and OS
- Offers only annual subscription
- Requires additional purchase of EverWebinar to get automated, on-demand webinars
Best email marketing platform with webinar functionalities
Just as important as webinars for your business, email marketing engages with your target audience and improves your sales if done right.
Therefore, if you haven’t found the best tool for both yet, then GetResponse is something you should highly consider.
Marketing to your business is made easier by using this software. You can weave in your email marketing efforts with your webinar marketing strategy to help you get the most out of our list and collect more prospects.
- Set up an SEO-friendly landing page to enable webinar registration and start collecting leads. From the page, you can use Facebook’s retargeting pixel to send registrants with relevant offers even after the webinar is finished.
- Maximize audience engagement by sharing your presentation file in different formats, improve collaboration with the help of whiteboards, and gather feedback using surveys and polls to name a few.
- Use the webinar to gather the most qualified leads and give them a product tour before presenting them with your latest and best offer.
After the free 30-day trial, GetReponse starts with a $15/month Basic plan, followed by their most popular Plus plan at $49/month where you also get access to their premium email marketing solutions. Their Professional plan is priced at $99 and they have a personalized and flexible Max Plan that you can customize according to your needs.
- List building and list automation options available
- GetResponse offers good templates
- Easy-to-use design and spam testing
- Supports powerful lead generation features best for eCommerce sites and webinar promotions
- Lets users monitor Google, Facebook, and Instagram from the GetResponse account
- Customizable webinar URL
- Gathers detailed statistics and insight
- Easy, one-click webinar recording feature
- Some of the landing pages don’t work great on mobile devices
- The drag-and-drop feature could use some tweaks
- The deliverability rate needs improvement
- Basic plan doesn’t offer webinar features
- Phone support is available only for the custom paid price plan
The best on-demand webinar complement to WebinarJam
From the same company behind WebinarJam, EverWebinar enjoys the same benefits that the live webinar platform does. The major difference is that this platform delivers on-demand webinars and videos users can sign up to.
Your audience may be in different parts of the world, each of which has different time zones. Instead of forcing all of them to stick with your live webinar set to your convenience, EverWebinar lets you create an on-demand video that people can view at their convenience.
EverWebinar is also one of the best-automated webinar software tools on our list, with an impressive set of useful automation features such as tagging based on whether the invitee shows up to the live event or not, subscribing different attendees to different mailing lists based on their behavior, and many more.
- Import the same WebinarJam videos straight to EverWebinar and turn them into evergreen content that you use for upcoming campaigns.
- Run a live chat even if the webinar video isn’t! Let your support team answer the questions and reply to the comment of attendees as the video is rolling without skipping a beat.
- Set the webinar videos to start “just in time” the attendees signed up to give them the feeling of satisfaction as if they joined at the right moment.
EverWebinar offers an Annual plan and a Biennial plan, along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lets you easily switch between WebinarJam and Everwebinar
- Displays real-time show performance stats
- Offers an advanced scheduling system
- No available free plan
- Mobile streaming issues have been reported
6. Zoho Meeting
Best for dual use case: webinars and conferencing
The popularity of remote working options prompts the need for a platform that is easy to use, reliable, and accessible to all. Zoho Meeting edges out the competition by virtue of being an easy-to-access platform that offers multiple communications solutions under one roof. It’s an audio conferencing, video conferencing, and webinar solution in one that you can use immediately after creating your account.
The platform also features a simple and consistent user interface across all devices, which you can access directly from your web browser. There’s no need to download software that will take up space in your computer’s drive or expose your computer to security risks. Zoho Meeting also lets you customize registration forms and email invitations with your company logo and name, which is great for branding.
- Interactive video conferencing feed that allows users to share the screen simultaneously.
- Up to 10 video feeds for webinars are visible on the screen for more in-depth and effective presentations.
- Start and join video conferences or webinars straight from your web browser.
- No cut-off times for online meetings or webinars, even on the free plan.
- Robust security features.
Zoho Meeting offers a free plan that allows for unlimited meetings with up to 100 meeting participants and unlimited webinars with 100 webinar attendees. Their Meeting plan, which offers both a Standard and Professional option starting at $1 per host/month (billed annually) is ideal for anyone looking for an easy-to-use platform that can reliably host regular team meetings. The Webinar solution, starting at $8 per organizer/ month (billed annually) is perfect if you intend to reach wider audiences for online training, virtual seminars, or online events.
- Offers browser-based access
- No-cut off times
- Interactive video conferencing feed
- Comprehensive solutions under one roof
- Limited advanced customizations
- No HD audio, and on-demand webcasting for the webinar feature
- No technical support hotline
Best all-purpose webinar software for business and education
With the increasing need nowadays for teachers to broadcast their training modules to students, they ought to look for webinar tools that fit their needs.
In this case, ClickMeeting is one of the few geared towards instructors and teachers. The software also works for marketers looking to create product demos to help educate their leads and facilitate online meetings and collaboration with businesses.
- Make signing up to your webinars easy by creating customized invites to your audience and setting up a registration page using custom branding.
- Increase engagements during your webinars by using whiteboard, running polls and surveys, encouraging attendees to ask questions for you to answer, and taking turns with participants by sharing your screen with them, to name a few.
- Purchase add-ons to your current plan if the limits are too constricting, but you can’t afford to upgrade to a higher plan for now.
- Gather opinions and reactions from attendees about your webinar and analyze its statistics to help you find ways on how to improve your upcoming webinars.
Sign up for a 30-day free trial and see if ClickMeeting is for you. After the trial period, decide whether to pay monthly or annually (up to 20% off) for your plan of choice.
Also, the number of attendees is set to 25 by default. If you increase the volume, the price also goes up.
- Supports full audio and video recording of live sessions
- Offers chatfunctionality and interactive sessions
- Integration with Facebook Live and YouTube for added engagement
- Supports HD video presentation for multiple presenters
- System delays caused by larger number of guests
- Platform doesn’t support break-out sessions
- Unable to schedule recurring meetings
Premium webinar platform to promote and run your virtual event
If your agency or company is looking for a webinar solution that offers robust features, then GoToWebinar is for you.
Aside from your usual webinar features, GoToWebinar lets you host your webinars on their servers and create a page you can share online. This way, you can increase your visibility and entice them to join your live webinars soon.
- Give users free access to GoToStage where they can turn their high-performing webinars into on-demand content that people can watch again and again.
- Using your on-demand webinars, create a channel where you can host all your past videos and get found online easier by people who want to be your follower but don’t know it yet.
- Simulate live experiences by using pre-recorded webinars to accommodate attendees from different time zones.
- Create templates using information from past events so you can use them again and save you the time of setting up a new webinar every time.
GoToWebinar lets you choose from monthly to annual (save from 17 to 23%) plans. Each plan allows for a certain maximum number of attendees.
Landing page creation and video embedding to your site are available in the Standard plan and higher. Users with Pro and Enterprise subscriptions have access to premium features such as Recorded Events, Video Editors, Transcripts, and Certificates, among others.
- Hosts automated webinars
- Option to simultaneously host organizers and panelists
- Capable of hosting webcasts
- Provides webinar analytics and exports
- Integration with GoToMeeting
- Costly compared to other alternatives
- Basic plan only accomodates 100 webinar attendees
- Requires presenters and participants to download specific software to be able to use platform
Yet another easy-to-use, all-in-one webinar software
The last thing you want as a solopreneur or an agency is to worry about maximizing their audience reach via webinars. WebinarNinja eases those worries by providing users with a simple solution where they can promote and launch their live videos.
Within 10 minutes, you can set up a webinar complete with landing pages, email reminders, and more.
- Choose from its section of beautiful and high-converting landing and webinar pages. No need for you to learn design and coding to get more sign-ups!
- Run different webinars (live, automated, series, and hybrid) to help engage your audience with your business more effectively.
- Get your webinar found on the Webinar Finder so even people who aren’t your followers can join your live stream and become one.
- Receive access to educational materials from WebinarNinja Academy to help you run much better webinars and improve your results.
Users can pay monthly or annually (save 20%). All plans allow for unlimited attendees for recorded webinars. But the number of live webinar attendees depends on the plan.
Also, features like Webinar Series & Summits, Facebook Ad Tracking, and Hybrid Webinars are available starting with the Pro Plan ($95/month or $79/month annually).
- Very efficient live chat response times
- Instant screen sharing feature
- Supports integration with more then a thousand apps with Zapier
- The back-end is difficult to navigate for beginners
- Doens’t offer a money-back guarantee
- Maintenance is often carried out without ample advance notice
Most ideal webinar software for beginners
For non-techies, technology can bring more problems than solutions. But with more customers and competitors riding the wave of webinars and other marketing tools, you can’t afford to get left behind.
Therefore, EasyWebinar makes the entire process of setting up, launching, and running webinars painless. This tool could make you look like a seasoned webinar host as you generate more sales and build better relationships from the live videos you produce.
- Set up automated webinars to simulate the experience of a live event. Use these evergreen videos to generate leads and customers on autopilot.
- Stream your webinar on Facebook Live and Youtube Live using EasyWebinar’s EasyChat. This helps extend your reach on other platforms and increase engagement in your webinars.
- Reduce noise and stream HD videos without interruptions, with help from True Voice technology.
Subscribers have three tiers to choose from, available for both monthly and annual subscriptions. All plans include the instant onboarding call, chat support, and YouTube Live integration. As the plan increases in price, so does the maximum number of live attendees.
They also give you the EliteWebinarMastery Foundation Course to teach you about improving the performance of your webinars. However, instead of the basic course, Enterprise plan holders get the full course.
- HD screen-sharing capable
- Supports integration with WordPress, MailChimp, GetResponse and other popular tools
- Basic plan supports up to 100 attendees
- More expensive versus other options, with it’s first paid tier at $79/month
- Requires an app download if you want to join a webinar via mobile
11. Adobe Connect
Best webinar and online meeting solutions for enterprises
Big companies are looking for more robust ways to manage webinars and internal communication. Unfortunately, not all the tools featured here are equipped with the demands of agencies and corporations.
Adobe Connect is one of the few that can tackle webinars and online video solutions to foster a secure and interactive online experience. This will not only help people in the company to facilitate engagement online but also create an interactive learning space for businesses and customers.
- Create virtual classrooms that foster better learning and communication through the use of interactive storyboards in combination with different methods: Filled Classrooms, active learning, and Blended Learning.
- Manage virtual events using backstage tools and moderation capabilities and make joining your webinars a seamless experience with one-click registrations.
- Make online meetings just as effective as in-person ones, if not more, by creating environments where attendees can exchange information and engage with one another.
All paid plans include full customization of rooms or “pods,” secure exchange of data among participants, and interactive recordings. For higher plans, starting with Adobe Connect Learning, users get access to Branding Customization and Event Management features.
- Easily inegrates with popular CRM software such as Salesforce and Eloqua
- Option to create unique registration pages
- Provides extensive template options that are customizable for virtual environments
- Bad recording quality and audio and video issues espeically when used on mobile
- Requires extensive support to resolve issues
Best for 4K Video Quality
Riverside is an online video and audio-recording platform that enables running and recording webinars in 4K video quality, directly from your browser. The platform is perfect for individuals looking to create studio-quality webinars and remote interviews, no matter where they’re recording from. In addition to the standard offering, the company is also trying to become the best enterprise webinar software, catering to larger customers with its unique team collaboration and virtual studio features. Enterprise accounts also have access to dedicated live support and customer success managers to onboard, train, and provide walk-throughs on new features. Among its existing clients, Riverside counts many leading companies like Microsoft, Verizon, and Spotify.
- Professional-grade audio and video quality (4K available)
- Separate audio and video tracks
- Live stream to Twitter/Youtube/Facebook
- Accepting live call-ins
- Transcriptions (available only in Pro and Enterprise plans)
- Shared work environment between team members (Enterprise only)
Riverside offers to record the first 60min for free. Actual pricing plans start at $19/month (billed annually). The main differences between plans come down to the studio-quality audio/video monthly hours cap and additional features such as transcriptions and team collaboration.
Click the link below to learn more about Riverside’s pricing plans or record your first studio-quality webinar for free (capped at 60min).
- Lets you record your webinar in full HD
- Helps you save time by automatically recording each participant on individual tracks
- Provides a call-in feature that helps boost audience engagement
- Mobile app available only for iOS
- Uploading complaints have been reported, especially for progressive uploads.
- It can be costly for heavy users as it follows hourly pricing
Best for GDPR compliance
WebinarGeek really stands out as the only fully GDPR-compliant webinar software. This should be a particularly important feature for European firms or international companies selling to EU customers.
WebinarGeek also has quite an intuitive, web-based interface, making webinar hosting both easy and quick as there’s no need to install additional software.
The platform also provides a range of very desired features such as quizzes, polls, live chat, and interactive buttons to get your audience more engaged. On the back end, WebinarGeek automatically records all your webinars so that you can later repurpose your content as well as provides you with a host of useful statistics to better understand how your attendees interacted with your webinar content.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Only webinar software with a full GDPR compliance
- Ability to run both live and automated webinars
- Pretty good webinar analytics
- Automatic webinar recording
WebinarGeek’s plans are very affordable and start at just $42 per month. Next in line, the Premium plan starts at $53 per month and offers a significantly expanded set of webinar functions as well as an increased number of attendees, presenters, and webinar duration.
- Supports live, automated, and hybrid webinars.
- Offers SEO settings for the registration page.
- Provides sales tools including CTAs and a sales page that lets you push leads
- Takes quite a while to set up.
- No integrated attentiveness tracking or metric
- Doesn’t let you send customized emails to viewers or non-viewers
Simple and affordable all-in-one webinar tool
LiveWebinar is an all-in-one platform that allows you to host webinars, run virtual events, and create your real-time communication solution. The platform is easy to use and requires no downloads or plug-ins, it’s all browser-based, runs on all major browsers, and works on most smart devices. Planning an event takes a few clicks, and attendees can join with just one. One can also record events to keep for later reference or create evergreen and on-demand content.
Engagement: Build engagement with LiveWebinar’s interactive features. Use polls and tests to quiz your audience or to gain feedback, share your ideas with the whiteboard, directly play videos from YouTube or Vimeo, share your screen with ease, and many, many more!
Customization: Personalize your LiveWebinar room to fit with your visual identity – customize the background of your room, change the colors of windows and text, and add your own logo, or an ads banner. You can also customize your camera feed background with the help of Virtual Backgrounds.
Accessibility: LiveWebinar allows you to create events that are accessible to people from all over the world with features like automatic chat translation and real-time translation using language interpreters.
LiveWebinar offers a free package for small teams and individuals. The free plan won’t allow you to brand your webinars or meetings, but you can access polls, tests, and surveys within webinars, and record up to 2 hours of content. Apart from that, you have three packages to choose from:
- Pro: Starts at $14.4/mo (billed annually), with up to 100 participants, and features like the whiteboard, virtual backgrounds, up to 6 hours of storage for recordings, the branding tool, and more are offered.
- Business: Starts at $114.42/mo (billed annually), with up to 500 participants, with features like the room presence manager, full HD recorder and recording editor, mass invitations, and more offered.
- Custom: This lets you build a personalized plan with the features you need, with the number of participants you’d like, and as such, pricing will vary.
…or check out our LiveWebinar Review
- Offers a WhiteBoard feature that helps make presentations more engaging
- Fully mobile responsive webinar room
- Allows main rooms to split into break-out rooms during live meetings
- Can host up to 1000 attendees
- Complicated user interface that demands a steep learning curve for first time users
- Users often report issues when trying to upgrade services
Best webinar tool for running virtual conferences
Youtube is the most popular video hosting site with millions of uploaded videos available for viewing. And while Vimeo is far from being a household name, it’s synonymous with producing high-quality video content online.
BigMarker is dedicated to providing users with the most comprehensive webinar features to help grow their respective businesses.
Choose from different webinar types to launch, which you can use internally for your company and improve your processes or externally to generate more leads and increase your revenue.
However, BigMarker shines as a tool for running summits and virtual conferences to engage hundreds and thousands of attendees.
- Host multi-series video sessions that you can promote using different channels and monetize from them.
- Embed videos from BigMarker using its customizable video player. Aside from showcasing your brand, you can include elements such as lead forms, offers, and Q&A sections to help create an immersive and interactive experience for attendees.
- Create educational materials to automate training and improve employee and/or customer onboarding process.
- Set up a white-label portal or microsite for your brand to help standardize information across all fronts of your business.
BigMarker’s webinar software solutions are divided into three tiers: Basic, Enterprise, and Enterprise+. Contact their sales team to request a quote.
- Provides custom live video experiences perfect for online events
- Support integrations with popular apps such as Hubspot, Zapier, and Salesforce
- Offers industry standard SSL and HTTPS encryption
- Webinar funnel pages feature various layouts
- Extensive audience interaction tools are available
- Robust webinar replay editing and customization options
- Trial period is too short and only allows for 10 attendees
- Mobile experience is clunky
- Online customer support is limited to chatbots
- Pricier than other alternatives
- Support only chatbot customer support feature
- Mobile experience is quite clunky
16. Vimeo Livestream
Best professional turnkey webinar solutions for companies
Youtube is the most popular video hosting site with millions of uploaded videos available for viewing. And while Vimeo is far from being a household name, it’s synonymous with producing high-quality video content online.
As Vimeo’s live streaming solution, Livestream offers the same excellent standards for businesses and content creators looking to share their ideas broadcasted in the video.
- For enterprises, produce live events complete with integrated tools like Q&A, chat, and surveys streamed in 1080p resolution.
- Receive on-hand support for transmitting your live events to your audience, whether you need small or full-scale production. This way, all you need to worry about is the video content as Livestream will take care of everything!
- Receive a copy of Studio 6, a live-streaming software that converts your computer into a live production control panel. Produce live events like a real pro!
Livestream offers several paid plans to choose from beginning with the Starter plan at an affordable $12/seat/month and a more advanced, Enterprise plan where you can request Vimeo for a quote on pricing.
- Customer support provides live assistance and live stream production services
- Integrated analytics lets you track engagement accurately
- Extensive marketing tools available including custom webinar registration forms
- Customer service response time is slow
- Pricing models lack transparency
Best online conference tool for internal communications
As more people now gravitate towards remote work, the best way to simulate in-person meetings and conferences is to hold it online. This reason proves why having the most suitable tool for setting up video conferences is more valuable than ever.
Webex by Cisco hassle-free online video solution for businesses. While you can use the software for reaching out to your customers and leads, Webex works best in improving how your team communicates. This way, they can focus on getting more work done instead of worrying about how to set up the meetings.
- Integrate with productivity suites like Microsoft Office 365, Google Drive, and Salesforce to help coordinate files and information across different platforms seamlessly.
- Use an AI-powered meeting assistant that captures real-time transcription and creates post-meeting recaps so you can focus on facilitating the discussion instead of worrying about what you’ll miss.
- Offers accessibility features for the disabled so they can participate during the meeting without problems despite their handicap.
- Allows the use of Cisco products like the Webex Boards (video conference system) and Webex Room Devices (conference meeting room device) to aid and inspire your team collaboration.
Webex services are offered at $68.75.
- Professional-grade conference features that can host up to 40,000 attendees
- Provides real-time translation and closed captions for over 100 languages
- Support integrations with major marketing platforms
- Suitable only for in-house team collaborations with minimal features for consumer virtual events
- System menu and user interface is complicated
18. Google Hangouts
Best free online chat software for all devices
Google Hangouts has been around for a long time as an online communication tool. You can message or hold video calls with users to keep everybody on the same page about work and your products.
And while it’s not a webinar platform in the strictest sense, Google Hangouts is capable of holding webinars and online events on a small scale (maximum of 30 participants). Best of all, the tool doesn’t cost you a single cent!
- Allows participants to jump in and speak during a webinar. There’s little to no moderation that takes place as everybody has full control over how they participate.
- Stream your webinars straight to Youtube to get more eyeballs to your live stream. This is ideal given that the platform itself can only host a limited number of participants at a time.
- Take the webinar wherever you may be by installing the Hangouts Dialer app on your Android and iOS devices as well as your Chrome browser.
Google Hangouts is a free platform where you can launch small-scale webinars with your audience. For participants to access your webinars, however, they must have a Google account.
Also, given that you don’t have to spend a dime, the platform may hamper your marketing efforts. It doesn’t offer analytics, email marketing integration, and others.
Best popular online video solutions for everyone
As one of the most popular and widely used video conferencing tools around, Zoom needs no introduction.
The platform can accommodate any type of online video needs (meetings, conferences, webinars) across all business levels, from solopreneurs to enterprises and even in schools.
- Enables public and private chats during a webinar so you and participants can ask questions and give answers for everybody to see or hold 1:1 interactions if necessary.
- Get participants to join meetings and webinars with just a click of a button. Best of all, people without an internet connection can still join via phone call.
- Save all your meetings in the cloud (1GB storage space) so they don’t take up space in your hard drive. You can then access the videos later for review.
- Offers a wide variety of integrations with various apps from security and compliance (OneLogin, AppOmni), learning and development (HeySummit, LTI Pro), productivity (Zapier, GitLab), and others.
As one of the few webinar software with a free tier, you can download and install a copy of Zoom on your computer or mobile device to host a 40-minute online event tops with a maximum of 100 participants. For higher tiers, users get premium features like unlimited group meetings, cloud recording transcripts, custom domains, and more.
Also, check out our WebinarJam vs Zoom comparison.
- Access video meetings on mobile devices
- Remote keyboard and mouse control
- Live streams to your social media channels
- Supports large participant groups (up to 1000)
- Poor customer support
- No cloud storage on the freemium plan
Best video platform for tech-savvy entrepreneurs
Dacast is a developer’s dream for webinar software. Whereas most tools mentioned in this post are only customizable to a certain point, this platform gives you full rein in how you want your videos to match your brand. In fact, you can even create brand-new apps using its developer tools!
On top of it all, its powerful dashboard gives you autonomy on how your audience can view your videos.
- Manage all your video content using the platform’s cloud video platform so you can analyze their performance, find ways to monetize them, and transcode them into VOD content for evergreen purposes, to name a few.
- Use the video API to customize its video player and make it your own by configuring its monetization tools. You can even build video mobile apps for your business by using its mobile SDKs.
- Stream your content to viewers without lag or buffering issues regardless of their locations (even in China) thanks to its exclusive partners of CDNs.
Dacast’s monthly or yearly subscriptions are measured according to the bandwidth and storage demand of users. The more webinars and online events they launch using the platform, the higher the plan they need.
For beginners, they can click on the Calculator tab so they can break down the bandwidth and storage capacity they need and help them decide which plan is best.
If you want to launch the best possible video conferencing or webinar experience for your team or prospects, AnyMeeting helps you get the job done.
It possesses features to engage participants and make them feel part of the event. At the same time, you can measure and analyze the results of the webinar to help you understand how you can get better results for your upcoming events.
- Tap into your email list by uploading them on the platform and sending the full details about your upcoming webinar.
- Go over the webinar with your co-presenters in the green room while participants go straight in the waiting room before you prepare yourselves and get ready for the event.
- Get participants more involved during your webinars by holding surveys and polls and live audience Q&A which you can sort and edit before publishing them live.
- Use their answers to get insights on how your webinar turned out on top of other analytics and monitoring tools so you can make necessary changes the next time out.
AnyMeeting has different pricing tiers for video conferencing and webinars. Regarding the latter, all plans possess the same features. The difference lies in the maximum number of webinar attendees.
It also offers a free 30-day trial so you can try out its features and see if the tool is for you.
Webinar Software Buyers Guide
What is webinar software?
Webinar software is a type of online presentation or video content software that allows participants to join either live or pre-recorded seminars remotely. The webinar hosting platform provides a virtual meeting space where presenters and participants can share documents, view slides, respond to polls, and chat with each other in real time.
Why use webinar software?
It’s no secret that the best platform for webinars is an effective way to reach your target audience. In fact, research shows that nearly 50% of B2B buyers attend at least one webinar per month. And when it comes to getting results, webinars outperform every other content format by delivering up to three times the ROI.
So what makes webinars so successful? There are several reasons:
- They’re convenient: Participants can join a webinar from anywhere in the world, at any time that works for them.
- They’re engaging: With features like video, audio, and often interactive surveys, webinars are more engaging than plain text emails or long-form blog posts.
- They’re scalable: You can invite as many participants as you need, without having to worry about room limitations.
- They’re cost-effective: Webinars are one of the most affordable content formats available, costing a fraction of what it would produce an equivalent live event.
How do I choose the right webinar software?
Not all webinar services are created equal. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a webinar company:
- Ease of use: The software should be easy to learn and navigate.
- Features: Look for a platform that offers all the standard features you need, such as video conferencing, chat capabilities, and screen sharing as well as additional nice-to-have interactivity features or useful integrations with others tools.
- Customer support: Make sure the software provider offers reliable customer support in case you run into any problems.
- Cost: Compare pricing plans to find the best option based on your specific needs and budget.
Webinar Software – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: Why Webinars Are Important?
There’s no better way to build a relationship than by giving value first. Generally, the first step in making a sale is related to education. Webinars give us the opportunity to teach our leads and help them understand why our product is valuable in the first place. Webinars will allow your audience to place a name with a face and a voice with a name. They allow you to build personal relationships and have real-time conversations.
Q: What Are Webinars Good For?
Video marketing is first on the list because it is fast dominating internet traffic. In fact, videos and online streaming now account for around 75% of internet traffic. Recorded webinars can be edited and broken down into smaller segments. You can use these clips as short educational or training videos that can boost your marketing efforts. These short video clips can be uploaded to video-sharing sites or featured in your blog posts.
Engage with your audience
One of the unique marketing benefits of hosting a webinar is that it lets you engage with your audience on a personal level. For example, where else can your customers hear and see you speak directly to them? Webinars are also great educational and training tools, which can help to provide something of value to your customers.
Increase lead generation
Webinars can increase lead generation in a way that no other marketing strategy can do. Of course, with an email campaign, you can reach hundreds and even thousands of customers. However, how many of them are engaged? With webinars, you know that most who register to attend are already showing a level of intent. You can leverage this to boost your sales and promote your products to a captive audience.
Educate and train
More than all the other marketing tools that are available, webinars are the best method to train and educate customers. For example, you can show how a product works and demonstrate the benefit to the user. You can include testimonials from other satisfied customers. Training videos can be recorded and then distributed later. All of this adds significant quality to your online marketing strategy.
Q: What Is A Webinar Platform?
A webinar platform is a software package that allows you to educate, instruct, and optionally, sell to an audience through a live presentation. People most commonly include videos and slides enriched by functions such as live chats and polls and bonus offers.
Q: How Do I Choose A Webinar Platform?
You’ll want to consider the number of attendees you will have, the features you need, and your budget. Other considerations include if you want the software to be browser-based or a standalone app, user interface, customer support, and analytics features.
Q: How Much Do Webinar Platforms Cost?
There is quite a large price range between different webinar vendors and webinar pricing plans, with the actual cost mainly depending on how many live attendees you have and the features you need. For the most part, prices range from $39/month to $199/month, although most people can expect to pay $129/month or less.
As you can see above, the best webinar hosting platform offers a particular audience. For example, marketers will find Demio particularly useful compared to the rest. The same goes for WebinarJam if users happen to want to integrate webinars into their wider sales strategy and workflow.
Whichever the case, this post should help you determine the best webinar hosting platform and which among the different webinar tools suits your needs the best.
For beginners and those looking for an affordable solution, we highly recommend Livestorm. The simple interface and the number of attendees you can invite to your event make it a bang for your buck and there’s even a free plan you can sign up for so you can leverage some of its powerful features even before paying for a premium plan.
To compile this comprehensive list of the best webinar software solutions, the Findstack editorial team gathered both qualitative and quantitative data through practical testing and in-depth, hands-on research. We tested and examined each webinar tool, set it up, configured it, and carefully evaluated everything–from installation to functionality, and reliability. Pricing and affordability were also taken into consideration in our highly recommended options.
Editor’s Note: This post has been recently revamped and updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- 03 May 2022 – WebinarJam pricing changes, other smaller updates
- 18 May 2022 – Pros and cons added to each software provider
- 23 Mar 2023 – Pricing and software details updated.